1993 Cadillac Eldorado Review

1993 Cadillac Eldorado 4.9 from North America

Model year1993
Year of manufacture1993
Previous carCadillac Eldorado

Summary:

A Cadillac that never failed

Plugs and wires at 83,000 miles.

Water Pump as always on any Cadillac I owned, this one went at about 110,000 miles.

Air conditioning compressor and dryer at 128,000 miles.

Front Wheel bearing assemblies replaced at 134,000 miles.

New front struts at 134,000 miles. I replaced with Monroe Sensa-Trac struts. This car had speed sensitive suspension and dealer struts are $823.00 a strut.

At 167,000 miles the vinyl on the door panel cracked. It cracked along the fake stitching.

General Comments:

This is a great car. It never broke down on me. I take the same care of it as I do all my cars. Oil change every 3,000 miles with Mobil 1 Synthetic along with a Mobil 1 oil filter. Engine uses no oil at 169,000 miles.

This car does not have the quality in the steering components as my 1999 Lexus ES300. It seems the Cadillac has more play in the steering than the Lexus. However, the car is solid and drives great.

When you put new non-electronic struts on you will get a warning that the suspension needs serviced since the electronic struts are gone. GM makes a relay you can install to make this message go away.

Review Date: 3rd August, 2005

13th Jan 2011, 20:08

I loved this car, and regard it as my most fun car ever. It had something like 280hp? Very fast. Once got it up to 130 mph. Super slick.

Got it with around 100,000 miles on it. Every repair was super expensive, and it only took a minor accident to total the car.

I had multiple issues with over heating. I replaced the water pump and muffler. Both were about $800 a piece.

Wouldn't recommend unless you were handy with cars! Huge pain in the ass.

5th Sep 2012, 18:24

I traded in this Cadillac last October, and drove it in with over 210,000 miles on it. The transmission was starting to slip. I loaded it up with Lucas and traded it in on a 2007 STS. This car served me well. The engine was still perfect and used no oil.

10th Nov 2012, 15:26

Thanks for the info on the Lucas transmission fix. I never knew this product existed, but from what I've read on their website, it's a life saver for slipping transmissions, so will try some for my old MB sedan. Thanks again!

7th Aug 2013, 01:35

Can you please tell me if the Lucas transmission product worked for your Mercedes Benz? I have a 1985 MB 500SEL, and I think the transmission is starting to slip, so I am wondering how this product worked on yours. If anyone else knows, please respond and thanks! =)

Average review marks: 8.6 / 10, based on 1 review