2003 Cadillac Escalade Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2003 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L V8 from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission 6.0L V8 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Suburban

Summary:

Finest luxury SUV on the planet!

Nothing - brand new; hence the "N/A"s.

UNbelievable comfort and drive! We thought we were spoiled with our 2000 Suburban! GM hasn't missed a trick on this one.

Tighter turning circle than my neighbor's BMW X5 - he's going to get one now!

General Comments:

Before you buy a luxury SUV you MUST drive this one.

Review Date: 10th June, 2003

27th Feb 2006, 15:45

I'd have to disagree with "the finest luxury SUV on the planet". my friend has a Escalade, and they are nice, but my Range Rover is by far more luxurious.

28th Feb 2006, 14:22

Yeah, but Range Rovers are ugly, and they are owned by ford : (

3rd Aug 2006, 13:54

I've had my 2003 Escalade since new and now has 47,000 miles on it. Unbelievable performance, looks and reliability.

It's American made also.

If you are in the market for a luxury model, test drive this last because once you try it, you will buy it.

29th Nov 2006, 16:57

Comparing a luxurious and smooth Escalade to the hideously ugly and over priced Land Rover is an insult to Cadillac.

11th Dec 2006, 19:03

I bought my 2003 Escalade USED, upgrading from a Denali. I must definitely say that the Cadillac is a Head turning, comfortable SUV. The air suspension has the truck riding on clouds (W/24inch wheels) and the AWD is really nice in the rain. The only issue I have is the Navi System. The 04 has the nicer BIGGER screen an it makes mine look tiny. However, I came out winning with the 13 inch screen for the DVD system in the back. I am truly pleased every time I use my Escalade.

9th Feb 2007, 11:04

I rented a Cadillac Escalade for the weekend, it was very hard to give it back. I enjoyed the SUV very much, excellent vehicle.

6th Apr 2008, 16:06

I own a 2003 Escalade and for an SUV, it rides really nice. It's not meant to be a van, it's still a truck chassis.

I think the seats are very comfortable and the interior is very good quality.

I love the 345 horsepower also. It has good power. The transmission shifts so smoothly, I can barely tell when it is shifting.

All the doors open and shut perfectly. I like this Cadillac better than the 2005 Tahoe LT I tested and I also liked it more than the 2004 Yukon I test drove.

The Exterior is sharper than any of the other SUV's.

When I test drove the Escalade, I pretty much turned my keys to my Trailblazer over to the dealer for a trade.

I don't think anyone could understand the Escalade experience unless they actually drove it.