27th Aug 2007, 21:32

No comparison with a chevy/gmc anymore. It's just a flat out better vehicle. You get what you pay for.

2nd Oct 2008, 11:51

The very first Escalade was little more than a rebadged and more expensive Yukon, hastily introduced to take on the Navigator, but it has come a long way since then. The Tahoe, Yukon, and the Escalade still have some appearance and mechanical similarities, and are built at the same factory in Arlington, Texas, but by the 2007 year the Escalade has truly come into its own. It is not a rebadged Yukon or Tahoe anymore.

2nd Dec 2008, 20:00

I have owned 3 Escalades since their introduction and the 07 redesign is the best so far! No issues here. There is no comparison between the Tahoe and the Escalade. My company car is an 07 Tahoe so I can compare first hand.

4th Jul 2010, 04:47

I love my 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV. It has had a few problems, as the chrome wheels had to be replaced due to chipping (I don't even drive it in the winter!)

The power tailgate decided to open on its own in hot weather (there was a short in it), and 2 months after I bought it, the paint was cracking on the passenger side rear fender. The dealer has been great, and fixed all problems, and as it has become older, it has much fewer problems.

I love the SUV; the headlights are fantastic, the tail and side marker lights are LED and are cool looking.

It always runs great, plenty of power, and the styling is above all others. It has so much equipment as standard, but I did upgrade to include all the available options except the power running boards, and 22 inch wheels (reduces the ride quality with the 22's).

It is a generally great SUV, and I would buy another one.