2004 Cadillac Seville SLS Northstar V8 from North America

Summary:

Love it except for the vibration at 65+mph

I also have a 2004 Seville SLS, and I bought the car in 06.

Ever since the day I bought it, there has been a vibration at highway speeds. I finally found a place that rebalanced all the wheels ON the car, and that got rid of 90% of the problem, but I still knew it was there. I just bought a new set of Goodyear Touring Tires, and now ALL the vibration is back. It goes into a specialty shop this week to check it all out again, Road Force Balance the tires, and hopefully get rid of the majority of the issue again.

I love the car, love the power, love the fuel economy and comfort, just HATE the vibration at 65mph or higher. But, in this economy, who can afford to trade? It's paid for, so I'll live with it and just try to get it to be as minimal as possible.

Review Date: 14th September, 2010

21st Sep 2010, 12:24

It's a shame about your Cadillac's vibration problem. I had a 1997 Seville SLS that was pure silk. The ride was glass smooth, no vibration whatsoever.

Good luck solving this vibration issue and please keep us posted.

16th Mar 2011, 15:48

I have read a lot of people have that vibration problem. At least a lot of people that post on here. Some complain about the cars, but the ones I rode in seemed to do fine. I think a lot of people out there have ulterior motives to keep people from buying Cadillacs or GM. All my experience has been good with GM, so I hope you figure out the problem.

2004 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6 Northstar from North America

Summary:

An incredibly bargain in a used luxury car

Air leak in windshield. Repaired by dealer at no charge.

Check Automatic Stability Control message appears occasionally.

General Comments:

The 2004 model was the last of this series, which started in 1998. Although technically it is a Seville, you won't find that name anywhere on the car. It simply says SLS. There was no STS model in 2004, probably because GM brought out an all new rear drive STS in 2005.

It uses no oil between oil changes. It is powerful and comfortable. It is more fun to drive than my wife's 2006 DTS.

These beautiful cars are amazingly cheap on the used car market. I wouldn't pay the $45,000 list price for a new one, but as used car, it is a screaming bargain. Real GM quality, performance and luxury for about the price of a mid-level Hyundai.

I have had 4 Cadillacs with the Northstar engine, and have never had ANY engine problems.

Review Date: 28th March, 2009

14th Aug 2009, 17:14

$45 K for a Seville seems pretty reasonable to me. My 2005 Buick Park Avenue listed for over $42 K. Of course the Buick is more comparable to the bigger Cadillac, but I would expect a higher price gap.

2004 Cadillac Seville STS 4.6 Northstar V8 from North America

Summary:

With great power comes great responsibility

I bought the car with 57000 miles..

The previous owner of this vehicle was in Los Angeles and clearly did not know how to own a Cadillac Northstar motor. This poor car was driven with a broken water pump and resulted in a blown head gasket.

I found that he patched the problem with a clay additive as a temporary fix. I immediately detected the blown water pump. The seller denied it having any problems, but I know the distinct smell of coolant.

Now when I want something I go for it. I wanted this beast, so I bought it and drove it home to the o.c. when it of course started to overheat. I then decided to tow it to my local shop. They fixed the waterpump and we discovered that the head gasket was blown. It cost $4000 to fix the head gasket and to get a valve job; a fair price if you ask me. Now she is back and better than ever!

General Comments:

I have owned Cadillacs before. I believe that this car is the most sophisticated machine on the road.

The digital HUD.. "heads up display" speedometer is very nice. This car is the fruit of a free nation!

With cars like this there should be different speed limits. If you drive a Japanese car you should only be allowed to drive 65 mph, but if you own a Cadillac you should be allowed to drive 120 mph on the freeway, because it can handle high speed and be safer than any import.

If you are cool enough to own a Cadillac, be sure and take very good care of it, or else you will be very sorry. If you get an offer to buy a warranty do it.

Get out of my way all you shreds of tin foil,"Asian imports".

Review Date: 3rd October, 2007

24th Feb 2010, 23:19

I'm pretty sure caddy didn't make this in 04. So... might want to check that out.

14th Dec 2010, 14:26

Just purchased this 2004 Seville.. It has 27000 miles on it.. Extra smooth ride.. Love the power and comfort.. Hope to have this ride for the next 5 years.. Love the interior and tons of space in the trunk..

16th Jun 2013, 18:17

Man, I think I'm gonna get me one after reading this review. I said no to the Northstars due to all the issues I've heard, but I might have to renege on that. I have an 06 SRX that I love, and wouldn't mind another Caddy...