2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Reviews

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 5.3 V8 Don't Know
Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

The truck is great, but drinks a lot of gas

Plastic cover and panels on the rear of truck were faded, but dealership applied some type of dressing that seems to have started to wear off after a three month of being applicated. Chevrolet should be ashamed to sell vehicles of this type (including the newer ones) with a price that high and not have these plastic parts painted to match like on the Escalade trucks. Averaage cost on painting the rear cover panel that fade range from $500-$700.

General Comments:

The truck has a very soothing ride.

Although the truck does like gas its comfort and looks kinda help.

Wish GM would compensate to get the rear plastic cover parts painted to avoid the fading.

Review Date: 25th December, 2007

24th Jun 2008, 14:19

I agree with your review on the AV. But, I like the plastic look, it makes it look different than a Suburban.

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche LT from North America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Distance when acquired42000 miles
Previous carFord F150

Summary:

I'll have this truck for years to come!

Transmission fluid leak found shortly after I bought the vehicle used. Dealer repaired at their cost.

General Comments:

This is one fantastic vehicle. I had looked at a new model back in 2001 but sticker shock caused me to buy a different vehicle. I bought my 2005 used from a dealer. The previous owner put a lot into in including a DVD player with screens in both front seat head rests and wireless headsets for the rear passengers. He also added 20" custom wheels/tires and chrome accents around all the door handles and side mirrors which really set the vehicle apart from others on the road.

Other than the transmission leak I found when purchasing the vehicle I have not had one problem with it. This truck is as comfortable a vehicle that I've ever owned. I love the XM feature and the ability to store 12 XM, 12 FM and 6 AM stations. This vehicle is also equipped with On Star which is a plus should a break down/accident ever occur. For a nominal fee through On Star I can also have a phone number assigned to the truck for hands free calling, which is a nice option. I also get a monthly diagnostic check emailed from On Star which is also a great feature.

I love this truck!