2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3/V6 from North America

Summary:

Performance is sorely lacking

Not long after we purchased this vehicle, the brakes began to squeal. When we notified the dealer, they said that it's typical of a new vehicle and that we'd have to "break" it in. They also said they wouldn't touch the engine if it was under 3,000 miles. Since then the following has been happening:

1. the truck shakes at a hard break (when contacted the dealer, again, he said it was typical)

2. gas leak in gas tank.

3. when making a full turn, (as in a U-turn) you can hear the wheels "pop" as you turn.

4. when accelerating, the engine sounds as if I'm driving a diesel truck.

General Comments:

It is generally a nice looking vehicle, but it has many problems.

If the dealer would fix the problems listed, I think I would enjoy the vehicle more.

As it is now, I'm afraid that something very wrong will happen with it.

We have owned GM vehicles for as long as I can remember and this is the first time that we are extremely disappointed in it's performance.

It really adds a huge seed of doubt in American made cars.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty certain that our next vehicle will be foreign.

Review Date: 9th February, 2004

18th Jun 2004, 07:21

Thank you for your Chevy Blazer review. I too, am afraid after reading other reviews that something will go wrong with my 2004 Blazer. Already, at only 13.000 miles, the air conditioning is having problems. I have it in the shop and we'll see what they say later today.

For ten years I drove Mitsubishi products. Never a problem. I'm pretty sure this will be my first and last Chevy product.

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3L V6 from North America

Summary:

So far it's a pretty crappy vehicle

At least early on it doesn't look like Chevy has done anything to solve a quality issue. At 250 mile (no that's not a misprint) the vehicle stalled out while driving down the road. It began making some whining, sqeeking, and clunking noises and stalls out every time you start. Diagnosis is not in yet.

General Comments:

I have to disagree with some other posts about cabin size for taller passengers. I am well over 6 feet tall and have no problems with head room or comfort.

So far the dealer has handled this pretty well. We discussed getting out of the vehicle and they seemed OK with that. We'll see if they stick with it when push comes to shove.

Review Date: 11th September, 2003

2003 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 Vortec V6 from North America

Summary:

Simple, it's junk

When the Blazer reached the 4,000 mile mark, it's like it started to self destruct. The vehicle has numerous squeaks, rattles, and water leaks. Some have been corrected, some have not.

The transmission occasionally won't down shift into 1st gear when stopping, and thus takes off in second gear.

The front end had a major failure.

The driver's side seat frame creeks while driving.

The engine is very noisy and GM has a tech bulletin out on it, but as of right now, they don't have a fix for the counter balance shaft noise.

Fit and finish on this truck are very poor.

The front bumper will not align properly, yesterday I heard from the dealer and they stated the front of the frame was manufactured incorrectly.

The clockspring behind the airbag squeaks while turning the steering wheel.

General Comments:

As of this writing, I'm in a rental once again and the truck is trying to be repaired. They can fix it for someone else, because I'm pursuing a buy back from Chevrolet, and from what I'm hearing, it looks like it's going to happen.

I'm very disappointed in this vehicle, it had a 30,000 dollar sticker on it and in my opinion, it's not worth 30.00. Last night I bought another truck, and it's not a Chevy. I've had Chevy's all my life, but this is a sad situation, they lost a good customer due to the factory workers that assembled this truck.

Review Date: 9th September, 2003

5th Dec 2003, 11:13

I was in the same situation a few years ago. I was a ford driver for many years until I bought a 1998 F-150. It was the worst vehicle I had ever own. At the end of the warranty, it was traded for a Chevy Blazer.

I'm still upset because I lost a good chunk of money...

For me, Ford=never again...

Dan.

2003 Chevrolet Blazer from North America

Summary:

A fantastic vehicle for the money!

Left turn signal returns to normal position making a very loud noisy. It sounds like a stone hitting the windshield.

Service Engine Soon light repeatedly comes on for no apparent reason. No codes are given.

General Comments:

I have really fallen for the style and comfort of a SUV.

This vehicle looks and performance are superb.

Review Date: 15th January, 2003

11th Nov 2004, 12:55

I owned a 1996 blazer and I loved it. It was a very safe car and I know from experience. I rolled it 4 times going 65 mph and walked away with a little gash in my head. Even though it was totalled after that, it held up pretty well. I am now looking for another one. But one thing about them, their brakes aren't that great.