2005 Chevrolet C1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L from North America

Summary:

I would buy one again

OnStar messed up, causing the rear view mirror lights to blink.

Has a vacuum whistle when I "gun it" hard.

Something rattles in the steering.

General Comments:

For the most part, I am pleased with the 2005 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. Some problems that were eventually handled by the dealer.

Review Date: 31st March, 2009

2005 Chevrolet C1500 WT 4.3 V6 from North America

Summary:

Strong Truck

Nothing is wrong with the truck at this point.

General Comments:

This is a very nice good running truck, great strong AC, seats are great, several options even for a base modle WT. V6 gets 357 miles to a tank on a 26 gl tank which I think is good for a truck. Ride can use some help, very bumpy shocks.

Review Date: 29th August, 2005

17th Mar 2008, 03:10

To the first commenter: Use your head before making a comment like that.

The reviewer has a 26 gallon TANK, meaning that he doesn't run it bone dry to 26 gallons. 21 to 22 gallons at fuel ups is a more reasonable estimate if you run the gage down to "E", which means 16-17 MPG, probably a mix of city highway driving. I should know because I just sold a 1993 GMC with the same V6 and 4-speed automatic. Nothing to brag about, but not as bad as compact or mid-sized 4x4's. Everyone who is familiar with pickup trucks knows that smaller pickups are usually as bad or worse for fuel economy. 29 MPG even for a compact 2WD pickup is a lie, and you know it.

I'm not anti-Ford or Chevy till I die, but I have no tolerance for people telling tall tales and fables about their cars.

2005 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado 4.3ltr Vortec V6 from North America

Summary:

Great truck and great towing power from the V6

Normal Maintenance.

Fuel Pump died at about 235,000 miles.

General Comments:

This truck has been very reliable, only left me stranded once and that was because of the fuel pump.

It handles great for a truck.

Comfortable seats are nice for long trips to the cabin.

Very roomy.

Nice power for towing a boat or four-wheelers.

Very few repairs, none major (I've known this truck since 1998)

Review Date: 12th August, 2005

13th Aug 2005, 04:56

Over 200k miles on a 2005 model. How many miles do you drive a day?