2005 Chevrolet C1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L from North America

I would buy one again

OnStar messed up, causing the rear view mirror lights to blink.

Has a vacuum whistle when I "gun it" hard.

Something rattles in the steering.

General Comments:

For the most part, I am pleased with the 2005 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. Some problems that were eventually handled by the dealer.

Review Date: 31st March, 2009

2005 Chevrolet C1500 WT 4.3 V6 from North America

Strong Truck

Nothing is wrong with the truck at this point.

General Comments:

This is a very nice good running truck, great strong AC, seats are great, several options even for a base modle WT. V6 gets 357 miles to a tank on a 26 gl tank which I think is good for a truck. Ride can use some help, very bumpy shocks.

Review Date: 29th August, 2005

17th Mar 2008, 03:10

To the first commenter: Use your head before making a comment like that.

The reviewer has a 26 gallon TANK, meaning that he doesn't run it bone dry to 26 gallons. 21 to 22 gallons at fuel ups is a more reasonable estimate if you run the gage down to "E", which means 16-17 MPG, probably a mix of city highway driving. I should know because I just sold a 1993 GMC with the same V6 and 4-speed automatic. Nothing to brag about, but not as bad as compact or mid-sized 4x4's. Everyone who is familiar with pickup trucks knows that smaller pickups are usually as bad or worse for fuel economy. 29 MPG even for a compact 2WD pickup is a lie, and you know it.

I'm not anti-Ford or Chevy till I die, but I have no tolerance for people telling tall tales and fables about their cars.

2005 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado 4.3ltr Vortec V6 from North America

Great truck and great towing power from the V6

Normal Maintenance.

Fuel Pump died at about 235,000 miles.

General Comments:

This truck has been very reliable, only left me stranded once and that was because of the fuel pump.

It handles great for a truck.

Comfortable seats are nice for long trips to the cabin.

Very roomy.

Nice power for towing a boat or four-wheelers.

Very few repairs, none major (I've known this truck since 1998)

Review Date: 12th August, 2005

13th Aug 2005, 04:56

Over 200k miles on a 2005 model. How many miles do you drive a day?