2011 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carChevrolet Cobalt

Summary:

Cruze to a Honda Dealer

Wipers stopped working.

Ignition immobilizer over and over and over.

Cold weather, the transmission will only stay in 2nd.

Radio screen blank.

On Star calls because it senses that the SRS has deployed (I am driving with the Cruise on at 100 km/h when the call to ask me if I am okay and are dispatching EMS). REALLY???

General Comments:

I had a Cobalt before this.

I had a Civic before the Cobalt.

The lease was up on the Civic, and I got a Cobalt, and the Cobalt was terrible. It would have random fits of not starting... The Cruze, I can't believe it, has the same issue.. I had the Cobalt bought back from GM because of these issues, they gave me credit towards a Cruze.. So I leased the Cruze... This isn't really much different than a Cobalt.. Anyone happy with their Cobalt will like a Cruze... I don't like it at all.. 4x on a tow truck is enough.. GM rep is in disbelief after this is the second GM that is in the process of being bought back... I will have a 2012 Civic in my driveway once it comes out. I have my Cruze sitting at the GM dealer, and I am driving my other half's 1997 Civic with 410,000 kms on it till the '12 Civic arrives.

Review Date: 12th February, 2011

13th Feb 2011, 10:17

Based on your review, you made a rush decision on getting the Cobalt; then you didn't like it, but don't diss the cars because you're not happy driving them. I love my Cobalt, but do not like the Cruze...

13th Feb 2011, 14:40

Sorry you got a lemon. I've said the same thing about the Fiesta. Just because a new car is proven elsewhere, does not mean it is proven in North America. It's wise to wait a couple of years to see the reliability of a new car, no matter how much you hear how fantastic and proven it is elsewhere.