2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4 turbo gas from North America

Summary:

Good value car!!!

Just an annoying feature! The GRID lines on the backup camera only appear about half the time. Dealership says there is a Factory Service Bulletin for the issue, but as yet no known fix. Apparently there is radio interference to the backup camera. The backup camera picture is fine. Dealer replaced the camera but no change.

General Comments:

Amazing gas mileage, and this is the hatchback model. Screen well laid out and controls all logical. Lots of pep for such a small engine! Drives and rides well.

Review Date: 3rd December, 2018

2018 Chevrolet Cruze 1.6 diesel from North America

Summary:

The best little car you've probably never heard of

Nothing as I only drove it for a week

General Comments:

This car belongs to my mother in law. It's a bit of an oddball (for the US) and most people I talk to are completely unaware that GM actually produces a small diesel powered car. This one is the hatchback model and has a 6 speed manual transmission.

You'd never know this was a diesel by the way it sounds and smells. There is only a slight diesel clatter. Otherwise it's pretty quite. There is no diesel smell either.

Overall the car was a real blast to drive. The torque from the diesel engine was a nice little kick in the pants. I was amazed that even at lower speeds, putting it into any gear I could still accelerate pretty quickly. The 6 speed manual transmission was very easy to shift and felt refined. On the highway I would put it in 6th gear and the engine would settle in a nice low hum. The best part is that I was getting close to 50 MPG despite driving it somewhat aggressively.

Interior-wise the seats were comfortable and well-positioned. The fit and finish was decent. Not amazing but good for a $26,000 car. There was a lot of room in the hatch area too.

Overall I really liked driving it. It's only a shame that hardly anyone knows this car actually exists, as I've only seen a handful of them on the road.

Review Date: 26th October, 2018