2011 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.5L V6 gas from North America

Good deal as a used car, I'm happy I got it

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

Just bought this car, too early to tell how it will hold up reliably. Looking for a good deal on a fairly nice car, and I could afford something better than my Prizm. Still used, and only rated average on reliability, but low mileage, great shape, nice cabin, and a great price. The 2011s were the last year with the 3.5L engine and the four speed transmission, and the electronics are apparently sorta primitive, which is all OK by me. The reviews said the car was okay if all you were looking for was value and comfort, which, along with low miles and cost, pretty much summed up my requirements. Funny part was I always wanted - but never got - a Lumina with the 3.8, and it turns out the Impala is pretty much that: a W-body with a 3.8 derivative and the same transmission. A little bigger and newer, though.

Some of the reviews said it got poor gas mileage (22-23 mixed), but that hasn't been my experience; more like 25-28 miles per gallon mixed. Not a sports car, but handles pretty good, and the 3.5L has sufficient power. Big trunk, comfortable cabin. Rated pretty safe. Came with a minor warranty. I like it.

I did research until my eyes bled, and looked at a lot of cars, and this particular car, at the price it was offered, was the best deal out there for what I wanted.

There's only one other 2011 Impala rated on this site, so I'll update this review as I put mileage on the car.

Review Date: 30th October, 2015

30th Oct 2015, 14:20

Curious how much you paid for it?

Where are you located, USA?

2011 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.5 VVT from North America

Rough idle? And not even 2 years old?

Rough idling issue, very prevalent.

General Comments:

Nice, comfortable car.

Handles well for a "larger" car.

Gets good MPG for a 3500lb car with a V6.

Not very happy with the car though. It's been in the shop three times for a rough idling issue. And on the 3rd time (Today, 2-23-12) they claim it's an inherent thing, and to ignore it. Sorry, but I can't ignore it when it shakes the car and my passengers say "What is that?".

Unfortunately, I will probably not be buying another GM. In fact, this will probably be traded in on a Ford Fusion. This isn't the only GM car I've had with problems.

Review Date: 23rd February, 2012

26th Feb 2012, 23:58

Try using premium gas, and see if the idling improves.

27th Feb 2012, 08:23

Have them clean the throttle body. Run some Techtron through it with a full tank of fuel.

27th Feb 2012, 08:38

So they should put gas that costs 30 cents more per gallon in, just to make it run better? I surely hope that isn't the fix. The car is rated for 87 octane, and should run perfectly on it. They need to try a different dealer and get it fixed properly. No new car should run that rough, so something obviously is wrong with it, and the dealer doesn't want to help out with it. Those darn rip off GM dealers...