1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 from North America
A good American Chevy built car
I want to note that this is a 10-11 year old used car. It will not be perfect.
The fixes are not in order:
1) 3 months after I bought the car, needed to replace "Upper and Lower Bypass Hoses, Thermostat, Intake Manifold Gasket" ($1,070.31)
2) Replaced the water pump at 113,372 ($313.61).
3) New tires ($315.14).
4) At 119,000 miles replaced "Pressure Regulator" ($60).
5) Alternator ($139.00) (plus Core - $25.00).
6) Rear window defrost does not work.
I really do like this car. It is very reliable and with a good battery, it starts every time. Of course, like I said earlier, this is a used car, it will have issues for being a 10 year old car.
For owning this car for only 1 year and 3 months, I will continue to drive this car until I am able to get my Ford Mustang I want, or I just might keep it with the Mustang.
Just keep the oil changes at a 3 month - 3,000 mile range, and you will have a car for years to come.
Overall, a good seating area. Very comfortable while driving, short or long distances. A good car.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 16th December, 2010