1991 Chevrolet Silverado Reviews - Page 2 of 3

1991 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3 from North America

First year of ownership1991
Previous carChevrolet Beretta

Summary:

I can't ask for anything more from this truck, it's been excellent!

I've replaced the fan belt tensioner at 20k miles.

Front brakes every 20k needed or not, haven't turned the rotors yet.

Lower radiator hose at 80k, all others original.

Replaced somewhat worn bench seat with upgraded seats at 100k.

Clutch was replaced at 170k miles.

New alternator and first serpentine belt at 185k.

General Comments:

This has been a very reliable truck with no complaints whatsoever. It still pulls down good fuel mileage...20-21mpg during more predominantly highway driving with a top of 24mpg on long trips. Everything still works and the truck is tight. I'm planning a suspension upgrade with a v8 transplant this fall... I hope I'm not jinxing myself and this great vehicle!

Review Date: 26th May, 2004

1991 Chevrolet Silverado 5.7 350 from North America

Engine and transmission 5.7 350 Automatic
Previous carToyota 4 runner

Summary:

A great all around truck

New water pump.

General Comments:

Great work truck. I have the 2500 and it runs and pulls great. I tow a 2700 lb trailer about two times a month with no problems at all. I would recommend this truck to any one that needs a good reliable work rig.

Review Date: 27th January, 2004

1991 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 5.7 Liter Fuel Injected V8 from North America

First year of ownership1992
Engine and transmission 5.7 Liter Fuel Injected V8 Automatic

Summary:

A very reliable and powerful automobile

The Power Steering pump went out a couple of times. The Universal Joints wear fairly fast and must be replaced.

General Comments:

The truck is very reliable. I have over 330,000 miles on the original engine and it still fires very easily every morning. I got 320,000 miles out of the original transmission. Overall it has been a very good truck.

Review Date: 14th June, 2003

28th Dec 2007, 19:16

I personally have a 1991 Silverado very reliable Trucks.

1991 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 heavy duty extended bed c 5.7 liter (350) from North America

First year of ownership1991
Engine and transmission 5.7 liter (350) Automatic

Summary:

Something I wouldn't live without

The brake gasket for the lid of the container tends to fold in. It did not leak, but I replaced it anyways at about 62000 miles.

There is a slight vibration when I stop at stop lights behind the cab. I still haven't figured out what it is, but I believe it is one of the muffler brackets.

I have replaced the light bulb under the dash on the passenger side about 3 times. And the one on the drivers side 1 time.

I also replaced the brake light on the driver side at about 58000 miles.

General Comments:

The engine is very powerful, I have pulled logs, stumps, trailers weighing just under 3 and a half tons, and 8 cars and 1 Ford truck out of the ditch.

I have driven in all weather conditions including 2 ice storms and never had a problem.

I don't believe there is a finer truck made in America. I have done just about everything with this truck and it hasn't failed me yet.

The only down fall about a full size truck is the steering is not as maneuverable as a smaller car. So it can be hard to get into small areas with ease.

Review Date: 17th October, 2002

1991 Chevrolet Silverado V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Distance when acquired200000 miles
Previous carLincoln Town Car

Summary:

A womans truck! : (

My 87, town car is stronger! The alternator went after two weeks of the purchase and the passenger side door handle broke the day of the purchase! a seatbealt clip was broken when I bought it and the back window is missing the lock! Seats have terrible wear and tear and the radiator is starting to go. I personally suggest f-series or sierra.

General Comments:

A good loading truck. won't haul for nothing!

Review Date: 22nd September, 2002

24th Sep 2002, 10:34

An eleven year old truck with 230,000 miles on it. If it was a Ford it would have been in the junk yard years ago. Your truck probably has the small 305 V8, Buy the 3/4 ton with a 350 or 454ci. As for the seats & alternator, radiator etc. it is totally normal for a truck that age and high mileage.

1991 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 5.7 350 gas from North America

First year of ownership1990
Engine and transmission 5.7 350 gas Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

A dependable truck that is fun to drive

I have had to replace the water pump, heater core, and radiator due to rust buildup in the cooling system. Since then, I've had no problems, but, I believe this was caused by an additive that I put in. So, I can't really fault the manufacturer.

Otherwise, I have only had to replace normal wear items like the alternator, batteries, tires, brakes, service items, etc.

General Comments:

This truck has held up well and I still get a lot of comments on it's condition. People ask me what year it is and when I tell them, they say it looks like new.

The ride is very comfortable and the cab is roomy and good looking.

I have hauled horse trailers and cargo trailers without any problems. It does not have a noticeable effect on power or handling.

I installed a Gibson cat-back exhaust system, hypertech chip, and K&N air filter. The performance is excellent.

Review Date: 1st September, 2002

28th Jan 2004, 23:32

I own a 1991 4wd and it has 216,000 miles on it, it is the best truck that I have ever owned, it takes me and my girl out on the town, and it takes me through mud holes that no one else will go through, I Love It...

26th Dec 2004, 10:41

Hey I have a 91 z71 and every where I go I get a comment about it. It has a 5.7 liter with a 5 speed manual, and has awsome power and performance. With 8 inch's of lift it goes through mud and snow like a charm.