1990 Chevrolet Sprint Lsi 4 door 1.0 petrol from North America

Summary:

Tiny Fun Box

I just purchased the car and have only had it for one week.

The person I bought it from had put:

A new gas tank.

New control arms.

New from brakes (pads and rotors)

Now whats broken:

The brakes that are brand new need to be replaced, the pedal vibrates, and the brakes squeal.

The rear suspension is broken, that was entirely mine and my friends fault not a defect of the car. I didn't bother slowing down for speed bumps and my friends were making my car look like it had hydraulics as we went down the street.

That action also cause my exhaust pipe to break. So now my cars sounds like one of those stupid "rice boxes", but it also fills to cabin with exhaust, so that must be fixed. Moral of the story my friends are dumb, I am dumb for letting them do dumb things in my car.

General Comments:

The car is very durable, I have put it through a lot of abuse so far, and I have only had it for a week. but in that week I have learned to drive stick shift.

The seat are comfortable enough for me, they do not slide far enough back for me, so driving for long periods of time causes my knees to become very sore.

I have driven with six people in this car, 2 in the front, 3 in the back, and 1 in the hatch. it was fun well kind of, it was more of a tight squeeze than anything.

I have driven in pouring rain with pink eye and fogged up windows because one of my dumb friends knocked the heater out of place, while being half asleep, at 2 am, trying to stay on the road and that little car got me home safe and kept me to the road at all time, never did I feel like I was out of control.

I have done wet road spin outs (on purpose) with the emergency brake, the car has a lot of body lean, but the car was not meant for high speed maneuvers like that.

Over all the car is a lot of fun, I want to buy many more of them. My friends hated the little box at first, but after they took a road trip in it, they were greatly impressed by it's capabilities, they are all looking to buy one now. I suggest you get one before everyone buys the last of them up.

Review Date: 6th May, 2004

1990 Chevrolet Sprint 2 door 1.0 3 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Bargain

I bought the car from a dealer for 1500 cdn dollars.

At 190,000 km the alternator went.

At 196,000 km the timing belt went.

Had to get it e tested and safetied, at 210,000 km needed a catalytic converter, two new tires.

In cold weather the alternator belt squeals until the car is warmed up.

Passenger side seatbelt latch broke at 224,000.

General Comments:

At a cost of 1500 for the car, and about 1500 worth of repairs I wish I never bought it, but for a car that has 225,000 km on it it is doing better than most.

I haven't had any problems with it since, and the gas mileage is amazing! 20 dollars fills it up and it lasts over a week, and I do a lot of driving.

All in all for a cheap car it works, semi reliable and still looks good, runs well in the rain.

Winds are a problem, as the car is so small and light.

Review Date: 25th November, 2003

7th Apr 2009, 01:04

Haha. That's really funny.

All the problems you listed, I have problems with.

I just replaced the timing belt and the alternator. And it still squeaks when the weather begins to get warm.

And I just went to Pick-a-Part and got a new passenger seat belt to get the old one replaced, because it broke.

However, I love driving it. It's good on gas as you say. And it's easy to drive. Also, most things that need replacing are fairly cheap.

1990 Chevrolet Sprint from North America

Summary:

It's a cheap car to maintain

The acceleration in the Sprint is slow.

The front seats rip badly.

The locks on the hatchback seize up and don't work.

General Comments:

It goes quick for a small car.

Great first car for a teenager. It's cheap to fill up with gas and does not use much gas.

Review Date: 25th November, 2001

1990 Chevrolet Sprint 4 door hatchback 1.0 litre from North America

Summary:

Great car for pizza delivery

First the brakes went, no big deal.

Than the distrubutor went, also no big deal.

Then the tie rod went, big deal, it cost me an arm but not a leg.

Now the engine is running on 2 cylinders, but that's OK because I found a nice Suzuki Swift engine for it.

General Comments:

The acceleration of the automatic is pathetic.

The standard will lay rubber in third gear.

The handling of the 4 door is much better than the 2 door.

The speedo only goes to 140 km, it should go at least to 160.

The Sprint has cheap parts that are easy to find and install, or replace.

The Sprint is a good car for commuting, but never try driving up a hill with 4 adults in it.

My Sprint has been driven hard and if driven normally it will last forever.

Sprints HATE HILLS!

Review Date: 16th September, 2001

29th Jan 2007, 09:09

Hehe I know the feeling of driving up a hill in one of those with 4 ppl.. its bad when 2 of them decide to get out and out run my car lol.

1990 Chevrolet Sprint 1.0 from North America

Summary:

The best kept secret in automobiles

Front brakes wear quickly, rear bearings seem to be a problem.

General Comments:

The car is reliable, cheap to operate,

I drive 50,000k's per year with it and it does not let me down at all. Winter, snow and ice, storms, and summer heat.

Review Date: 7th March, 2001