2002 Chevrolet Suburban Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2002 Chevrolet Suburban LT from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Previous carFord Expedition

Summary:

Great, poor gas mpg, but shorter wheel base

Brakes kept going out, but other than that it was a great vehicle.

General Comments:

Space after the third row... well there was none luckily I only have 2 kids so third row wasn't needed most of the time. With the Suburban there's almost too much space, but I love having rather than not.

Review Date: 14th May, 2006

2002 Chevrolet Suburban LS 5.3 Liter Gasoline from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 5.3 Liter Gasoline Automatic
Distance when acquired22000 miles
Previous carChevrolet Tahoe

Summary:

A high performance, well priced vehicle

The brakes made a funny clicking sound when not in motion, but still in drive.

I had a few minor interior flaws like the air conditioning vent falling off, but nothing major.

The oil change light stayed on for about five hundred miles until I bothered to read the manual. It told me to reset it manually.

General Comments:

The Chevrolet Suburban has been one of the most problem free cars I have ever owned.

It runs like a dream and has more get up and go than my old Tahoe. The brakes are tight enough as to bring it to stop in a shorter distance and make me feel in control.

The space is incredible and it has extremely easy accessibility to the third row seat.

I could not ask for a better vehicle.

Review Date: 25th February, 2004

20th Feb 2005, 17:07

This is an update for the review of the 2002 Chevrolet Suburban LS. I am at almost 60000 miles and the Suburban just keeps going. I am so pleased with this GM product. With a little TLC most cars can last a life time. The minor interior flaws from cheap factory plastics are easily over looked when you figure how little this vehicle has cost in the long run. We have made trips to Florida, New Mexico, and California in this without the slightest of problems. An oil change every 3000 miles seems to do the trick. I am proud to say that GM has done a fine job with this vehicle.

10th Oct 2009, 21:22

My 2002 Surburban LS is one of the most comfortable riding SUVs I've ever owned. For the size of the vehicle, the gas mileage is what you would expect. I was really surprised on how much power it has. You couldn't really ask for of a complete package. GM really hit the nail on the head. No import company could do that! So buy American.

11th Oct 2009, 16:27

Sure they could. There's the Toyota Sequoia. And with the Sequoia you can get the same amount of power and comfort of the Suburban, PLUS the added bonus of quality and reliability.

12th Oct 2009, 08:57

I just read the reviews on the 2002 Toyota Seq. 50% were very negative!!! I for one will keep my GM products. Thank you.

31st May 2012, 00:53

Ya, I'll save my money and buy a Chevy over a Toyota. GM parts are cheap and plentiful. Yes, I know Toyota's are in general reliable, but so are GM trucks, and they cost a lot less to buy/fix.

I'm currently driving a Dodge Ram that is a rolling time bomb, but fortunate for me there is a lineup of idiots that want to buy one :) Cummins turbo diesel - buy the engine, get a free (but craptacular) truck!