2004 Chevrolet Venture Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Venture from North America

Previous carGMC Astro Van

Summary:

All in all, it still gets me where I need to go

The cup holder face came off.

The seat side that holds up the plastic broke.

The windows have problems going up. I had to replace one window motor, and the window shifts out of place going up; I think it comes off track a little, but not sure.

The back leaks very bad; I think it was in a accident. I saw white paint on the back rubber, and there is mold growing where the carpet has got wet.

The rubber on the door has fallen off.

Once I was in the back and the doors all locked automatically; good thing I wasn't outside, as the keys were laying on the dash and my child was inside.

The transmission I believe has been acting up; it seems to slip and then catch with a clunk while I'm driving, although I was told it could be a torque converter.

I am a single mom on a very tight budget, and I fund raised to get the van for my special needs daughter; she is in a wheel chair, I needed a reliable van, and so far thank god it has been, but I know it's going to need work. I got the van with 38000 on it, and I've now got over 200,000. A lot of these problems happened within the first year.

Review Date: 16th March, 2010

2004 Chevrolet Venture 2004 venture LS V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Venture

Summary:

Cheap

Had to have both front wheel bearings replaced at 37,000 miles, GM did pay for half. Had an issue with the driver door, had the whole front fender replaced at the cost of the dealer, but is still not aligned properly. Had another issue with the front windshield seal, after two trips to the dealer it is finally resolved.

Now at 55,000 miles I am having trouble with temperature, replaced thermostat, we'll see what happens now!

General Comments:

Not a bad ride as far as comfort, especially with three kids. I feel like quality was overlooked when building this van.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2007

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus 3.4 from North America

Previous carPontiac Trans Sport

Summary:

A best buy with no need to spend big $$

Brake pads replaced by dealer at NO charge after too much squealing, otherwise nothing yet.

General Comments:

Excellent ride. Basic 'Plus' model offers a/c, power windows, locks, automatic so unless you like lots of extras (that only break) this car has everything you need for very reasonable. The non-power sliding doors are EASY to use so unless elderly or have physical problems, another option that is not important. An excellent minivan with adequate power. The 3.4L 6 cylinder is the only engine option available whether you paid $20K or 35K for the van. Same engine for everybody. The only negative for me is the lack of a tachometer on this model. Why??

Review Date: 3rd March, 2006

15th Feb 2007, 15:39

You could get a tachometer in the 2004 Venture LT model with a certain options package. It really makes for a more useful and visually appealing dash layout. I don't understand why Chevy didn't use that dash for all of the Venture line.

By the way, we love our 2004 Venture LT. We have only had a couple of minor warranty issues with the interior, but nothing serious. My only gripe is the lack of driver legroom with the power seat option.

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS 3.4 from North America

Previous carDodge Caravan

Nothing has gone wrong with this van.

General Comments:

Air conditioner works excellent, I like the separate controls for the rear ac.

Handling and performance is more than needed for a family mini-van.

The wife likes the seating, optional eight passenger with easy folding third row seat. Large amount of storage with seat folded.

Great family car.

Review Date: 25th September, 2004

14th Jul 2005, 14:37

We now own a 2004 Chevy Venture, and after one year and 7,500 miles we have had absolutely no quality problems. My only complaint about the 2004 model is the lack of adjustment with the power driver's seat. For people 5'-10" and taller, there is just not enough leg room. For shorter people it is acceptable. Our van is fully loaded with the DVD system, XM radio, and Onstar. It stickered for over $35k, but with the rebates and our GM card points we paid only $24k. Just try to find a loaded import minivan for that price.