2004 Chevrolet Venture Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Chevrolet Venture 3.0 from Philippines

Year of manufacture2004
Previous carNissan Urvan Escapade

Summary:

Great performing van with great air-conditioning

Air conditioner control panel in the rear compartment has come loose, was subsequently fixed very quickly at the dealers.

A pair of small 3" felt seals seem to be coming off. Could be our heat. Haven't fixed this one yet.

General Comments:

This car is used in the Philippines and I understand that its made in Shanghai.

Its extremely easy to drive, the performance you get from the right pedal is amazing, completely over specced for the congested city I live in, but excellent out in the country roads.

Wish the brakes felt a little sharper. in emergency stops, I feel as though I need to come off my seat and stomp on the brakes.

Seats are average in comfort. after owning a Nissan Urvan Escapade, this is luxurious! but the seats could do with some back adjustment features. at current, only the drivers seat has full adjustment, the rest are only able to slide back and forth.

Air-conditioner works VERY VERY WELL! this is a must in the Philippines. Also we got the car tinted with 3M brand tints... and the funny thing is that our windows now have the word 3M on it, I mean not at the corner, but dead centre of the glass. that's the wierdest thing I've seen. now at a glance it feels as though a fly is on your window.

At P1.2 it's a lot of car for that price. American branding, good interior space, good air-conditioning and good performance.

As the car is made in Shanghai, the overall quality is yet to be seen. I've only done 640km. Some of the American reviews are really bad and hopefully these faults would be recitified in the 2004 model.

Review Date: 15th June, 2004

27th Sep 2006, 11:02

You can read some reviews I've done on some of my other cars.

2006 Nissan Latio / Tiida http://www.carsurvey.org/review_90744.html