1999 Chrysler Cirrus Reviews - Page 2 of 4

1999 Chrysler Cirrus from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know
Previous carChrysler PT Cruiser

Summary:

Still dependable

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Hi, I have a 1999 Cirrus 2.5 V6, which everyone has had to replace a lot of parts from engine shutting down while driving, fuel pump, fuel filter, etc. etc. which seems to fix the problem sometimes for a while and then the problem persist again. I think I can save people a lot of money.

My car did the same thing at 88,000 miles. I dropped the tank, fuel pump tested good, worked several hours, and found out it was something so simple, I couldn't believe it. There are 2 lifting arms on the front of the engine for removal. There is a sensor just to the left of the right lifting arm. It is in plain view. The wiring is so tight against the engine arm, that over a period of time it rubbed a small bare spot, creating a short. Which in turn told the brain to shut down the fuel delivery so sparks couldn't create a fire. Couldn't hurt to check here, not even a fuse was blown. I checked several other cirrus cars, and the wiring is consistently tight at this spot. A little bit of electrical tape may save you a lot.

General Comments:

I like my car again.

Review Date: 5th April, 2009

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Cirrus

It's a great ride. I haven't had many problems with this car.

The only reoccuring problem is the fact that I keep having brake problems. Every few months I have to buy a new caliper and brake pads.

General Comments:

The seats are comfortable, unless they've been in the heat too long. And in the winter it feels colder in the car than outside. No seat warmers.

But the car has great acceleration and a smooth ride.

Review Date: 30th March, 2009

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXI 2.5L-FI from North America

Engine and transmission 2.5L-FI Automatic
Previous carToyota Cressida

Summary:

A great mid-size car

Seats bottom cushions required more padding to be comfortable. We had this done for less than than $200.

General Comments:

The car has been reliable and economical for its entire life.

Fit and finish are very good. Even after 9 years the car looks great and drives well.

Review Date: 28th August, 2008

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXI V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Cirrus

The car runs fine, battery works good, however just tonight I stopped for some gas, turned the car off, came back out and tryed to start it. Nothing. It would click, but wouldent do anything, I've had this happen about 2-3 times before, but it always seemed to start after about 10-15 minutes. Starter? Please help x (~

General Comments:

<3.

Review Date: 9th January, 2007

5th Mar 2010, 02:52

I would think you would check your grounds too. There should be two; one to the frame from the battery, and one from the motor. I had a bad one on my LHS, and it did the same thing.

1999 Chrysler Cirrus 2.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 2.5L Automatic
Previous carPlymouth Sundance

Summary:

This is the best car I have ever owned!

Engine speed sensor went out (Approx. 36000 miles).

Transmission speed sensor went out (Approx. 46000 miles).

Replaced drive belts at 60000 miles.

Replaced plugs and wires at 86000 miles.

All four brake pads had to be replaced at 86000 miles.

Back-Top of rear seat drying out and coming apart due to sun.

General Comments:

Was very impressed with the life of the brakes.

It still has the original battery after 6 years.

Still in excellent running condition.

I wish Chrysler still made this model, I would definitely, but another.

Review Date: 17th September, 2005

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 2.5 from North America

Previous carChrysler Cirrus

Summary:

The best, most reliable car I have ever owned

Since I have bought the car I had the wheel alignment & balancing checked since there was a minor steering wheel vibration at speeds over 70 mph. This turned out to be poorly balanced tires and was at about the same time as the brakes needed replacing (72,000km or 45,000 miles).

I have also replaced the brakes all around (4 wheel disc's) at about 72,000km or 45,000 miles.

I now need to replace the tires since I have had the car for almost 5 years and still on the original Michelin's. I could probably go another 6 months, but since winter is here I will change them now.

I have changed the oil on average only once or twice a year.

If this car needed any less maintenance I don't know how. I am a hard driver so the tires and brakes held out well considering.

I occasionally hear groaning from the front passenger axle so I think I am due for a CV joint repair soon.

Some minor leather wear (finish) on drivers seat. All other interior items are mint.

Some minor rust on front hood edge where spot welds are. (My fault for keeping the front end cover on all last winter).

General Comments:

This is my second Cirrus LXi. I had a 1996 and when the lease ran out I bought my present car. After driving the same make and model for almost 8 years I do not get tired of driving this car in any weather. It is comfortable, quiet and fairly roomy. My biggest complaint is how low the middle console armrest is. Also the drivers door edge is thin and doesn't make a comfortable arm rest either so on a long trip I can get a sore left elbow.

Review Date: 8th December, 2003

20th Oct 2005, 19:14

I presently own a 1999 Cirrus with about 69,000miles. It's 2.2 engine is reliable and has great mileage. I have only one complaint. what is up with my hood rotting out on the front lip? The rust started to bubble up from the underside and is now rotting away the hood. I noticed this on many of the other cirrus's at shopping malls etc. I just feel others should be aware of this premature wear on an otherwise very reliable car.