1994 Chrysler Concorde Reviews - Page 3 of 3

1994 Chrysler Concorde from North America

Previous carChrysler Concorde

Summary:

Potential money pit

The driver's side power window motor had to be replaced.

Problems with the fuel pump.

Engine has constant knocking, regardless of fuel octane used.

Other problems with engine that have not been able to be pin-pointed.

General Comments:

This car runs really well, but needs many repairs, regardless of all the maintenance that has been performed.

Car is very roomy, safe.

Review Date: 29th September, 2003

1994 Chrysler Concorde 3.3 liter V6 from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 3.3 liter V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired22000 miles
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Overall, excellent safety, engine performance and comfort ,but, poor electrical systems and service

My Concorde has had electrical malfunctions, starting the first month it was purchased.

Dealers have no clue on how to troubleshoot this issue. I was charged 2 separate estimates of $500.00 each, and yet no positive results.

Electrical problems include ABS control light permanently on, the heat/air conditioning unit works at random without being operated and, when randomly the heat is on, the power windows are locked or you lose the operation of the radio cassette.

The braking system is another major nightmare.

First, 8 months after I purchased the vehicle, the brakes started grinding and within 20 miles, they stopped operating. By the time I got to a shop, I had no braks. That experience did cost me over $1200.00. Secondly, there is an annoying undercarriage ram dam when I drive on an uneven road, but it lessens tremendously when I slightly press on the brake pedal.

Finally, the right rear brake pad grinds when I turn left.

At last, Chrysler dealers are incompetent at best.

After an accident in 1998, a Chrysler dealer in Des Plaines, Illinois, replaced my front end with a Singapore made part instead of an original Mopar part, in order to save the insurance company some dough. The result is that 2 years later, and since then, the front end piece is coming apart and it looks like I've had another accident since then.

The same dealer had also replaced the air conditioning belt that ruptured a month later. They refused to replace it.

Overall, for a car that appears to be entry luxury, the service and parts are definitely third world class.

General Comments:

On a positive note, the Concorde has an excellent smooth engine. It is powerful and the acceleration above 50 mph is above standard. It outperforms my previous Ford Taurus.

This vehicle is roomy and offers a comfortable ride to everyone, even to 3 adults on the rear seat. No Japanese automaker comes even close.

I've had a total of 4 accidents (more like fender benders) and, at each instance the other vehicle has had substantially more damage: Mercury Tracer, Chevrolet Impala, Pontiac Grand Prix (I think) and especially a Buick LeSabre. On front and rear side impacts, this is one monster.

Review Date: 12th June, 2001

7th Sep 2001, 23:15

I completely agree about the electrical system. My 1994 Concorde 3.3l would randomly stall out and come back on. Sometimes it would just stall and wouldn't start until the cruise control light would turn off. I replaced my entire brake system myself, A/C system was replaced 3 times, and it's in the shop for a new tranny right now. 132,000 miles, and it's on it's 3rd transmission. I've replaced every steering system part, DCM, PCV valve, Cam sensor, crank sensor, TPS, power steering pump, water pump... I could go on and on, but I don't think it would fit on the page. Between this car and my 88 Shelby Z Daytona, I would never look into another Chrysler product again.

1994 Chrysler Concorde Top of line 6 cyl from North America

Engine and transmission 6 cyl

Blown heater/air conditioner fuse.

General Comments:

I have owned quite a few cars over the past sixty years and this has been the best . Its handling is superb: gas mileage is good; design is far more advanced than its competitors. All in all this is one fine vehicle.

Review Date: 29th June, 1998