24th Jun 2008, 20:24

I won on ebay a $999 Conquest that has 110k on it, but has not started since 2003, but supposedly it ran in 2003.

It is decent shape and I will begin working on it immediately. I have owned one before, and know about all the problems they pose, especially injectors and clips, as well as the heads cracking. Jet heads are awful, and the elimination kits do not really work well...

I will keep everyone posted.

2nd Mar 2009, 22:51

Hey ya. I have a 1989 TSI. They are the best go carts to drive, but does anyone know where you can go to find out how to fix the problem with the rear brakes locking?

10th Apr 2009, 01:23

There is no way that that motor with a t3/t4 is that fast with lower than stock or stock injectors. And at that high boost that motor would lean out and blow. Sorry man, that's not true!!!

20th Oct 2009, 15:46

I have an 87 Conquest and it's been a disaster. First my timing belt was loose, which also runs the oil pump, drove it 2 miles to store for winter and the engine locked up. Replaced the engine, then had it sitting for about a year, the fuel tank filled with rust, and the fuel pump went out. Replaced that and all the filters.

My radiator fan went out, then it started to overheat. I don't even wanna know how hard that fan would be to find. After putting over 800 into this car, only 500 of it were my brand new tires. I gave up after all that. Truly the worst luck I've ever had with a car. Not to mention again it's not running on account of something I have no idea where to even start at.

16th Mar 2010, 14:20

I own two 1989 Conquests; one is a turbo and that one does not run, and it has some interior damage, but has nice paint.

The other one is stock, nothing done to it, it has mint interior and paint, it's perfect, just over heats and might be a simple fix, but I have no time.

I have some one who wants to buy both for a combined price, and I have no clue how much, and I was wondering what I should ask for them?

6th Apr 2010, 14:37

Well if it were me, I wouldn't sell them; but if you want to, I say no less than $3,000 for both. I just paid $1,400 for a parts car and BUILT motor; you could part them both out and make about $6,000 if you sold all the parts one at a time. I like to see this car live, so keep them on the road.

13th May 2010, 03:33

I purchased the Conquest TSI (Chrysler) new in 1989. It had 18 miles at time of purchase, loaded with every option and was a white exterior with a burgundy leather interior.

I never adjusted to the steering; it always felt like it had too much play and needed constant correction, which I attributed to the wide rear tires, but never knew for certain. I agree, and it was definitely not a winter car, it was completely useless in the snow!

I drove it daily and sold it around 43,000 miles. During that time I'd no problems with the vehicle itself, excluding the tape/CD which gave me trouble. Back then, everyone used to talk about how fast they were. I suppose compared to some of the stock vehicles at that time, it appeared that was the case. Myself, I never thought it was that quick, (even when new and after the break in period).

It was an OK vehicle 21 years ago, but something I'd never purchase now, no way - no how.

15th Dec 2011, 09:15

You will need 2 people to do this. First, clean the inside of the hatch struts where the brass or copper is. Loosen the 4 screws on the inside of the hatch with one person at the center of the hatch; he needs to push towards the front while you tighten the screws back. Just make sure both sides are even.

16th Apr 2014, 18:32

Is this car worth buying if it has 70k on it and is in pretty good condition?

What are some of the main problems that I need to be aware of?

If someone could email me, it would be greatly appreciated.

kennymerrigan@gmail.com