2005 Chrysler Pacifica AWD 3.5 from North America

Good

Sway bar links replaced around 140,000.

Exhaust converter was replaced at 150,000 due to a leaking flex hose. Part was $75, labor was $600+.

Vacuum pump and 3 other vacuum components failed at 152,000.

Both front CV joints replaced at 160,000.

The alternator has been making a fairly loud "whirring" noise since the day we bought it, but the garage doesn't see it as an issue.

General Comments:

Excellent in the rain and snow, it handles really well.

Interior design is awesome. Seats are holding up.

Review Date: 29th January, 2014

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Not saying they are all bad, but I have a lemon!

Remember, I bought this car new!

Issues:

Tie rods, twice!

AC system.

Windshield wiper arm came off in a snow storm.

Fuel injector gaskets dry rotted.

Mass airflow sensor.

And, the engine will burn or use 2 or 3 quarts of oil every 3K miles!

I have owned around 15 or 16 cars in my life, and I have had issues with this Pacifica that I have NEVER had with any other car! I am currently trying to sell it, and I have it listed below book value, and in three weeks of having it on two different auto sales websites, I have had 1 email! That tells you something about this car!

General Comments:

I will say the AWD system works well! It has done better than I thought it would in very deep snow! And it is solid, you do feel safe and it does drive nice! However I do not trust it.

Now to be fair, I know a hand full of other people who have the same year and options as I do, and they love their Pacificas and have not had any issues. I could just have a lemon, but this lemon has cost me way too much money!

Review Date: 18th October, 2011

2005 Chrysler Pacifica AWD LX 2.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

The Family Sherman Tank

Driver'ss side electric seat lumbar support failed at 45000 miles.

Memory side view mirrors failed.

Side view mirrors work electrically, but memory function doesn't. Failed at about 50000 miles.

General Comments:

Overall a very reliable and capable crossover SUV.

Extremely safe with air bags all 'round (even at the drivers knees!), plus the best anti-rollover rating of all SUVs.

Perfect for our severe Iowa winters with all wheel drive, ABS, heated leather seats.

Recommended as a safe, luxurious, spacious and reliable SUV.

Review Date: 28th January, 2011

2005 Chrysler Pacifica 3.5 V6 from North America

The only problem that we really had with the car while we had it was the front end alignment was pretty bad around 80,000 miles. That was covered because it was the fault of a mechanic.

General Comments:

Overall this was a very good car for the time that we had it, it was a good size for our family. We got about 90,000 miles on it by the time that we got our new car, which is nice but not as big.

Review Date: 1st June, 2009

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Awesome, fun to drive and has a lot of options

The only problem I had was the engine stalled when I made sharp turn, which was recalled by the dealer, and got an upgraded computer to fix the problem. No problems at all anymore..

Ohh the tires which are Michelin MXV4 models, which had to be replaced. They are expensive, but well worth every penny.

General Comments:

Since I got the car, I never had any major issues that would leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere, so I am very happy with the car. I just wish that I had the AWD limited edition instead FWD touring. :o)

Review Date: 6th April, 2007

2005 Chrysler Pacifica TOURING 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

WOW!!!

General Comments:

The dealer said I would get 20mpg on the highway. I am getting 27.4.

It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

Review Date: 13th June, 2006

2005 Chrysler Pacifica from North America

Summary:

Rattle Trap!!!

The Base Pacifica is literally a Rattle Trap.

General Comments:

Be very careful when you purchase this vehicle. The Base Pacifica is literally a Rattle Trap.

You will hear every little bit of road noise. Every bump you drive over the vehicle will rattle all over. The engine/transmission noise is highly noticeable.

You must at a minimum purchase the Touring model, don't let the dealership allow you to test drive the Touring Model Pacifica and sell you the Base Model. You will be disappointed!

Review Date: 8th June, 2005

8th Jun 2005, 11:16

Sounds like you did exactly what you are advising others not to do.

8th Jun 2005, 11:17

Surely one would notice this during a test drive... why would you buy one and then complain about it?

17th Jul 2005, 11:52

I think the comment is very helpful.

Maybe he made a mistake and kindly warning you not to do it.

Not all the road noises and stuff can be captured during a test drive. The road around that dealership may be a perfect asphalt, but you notice things wrong later.

5th Sep 2005, 20:09

I also agree that the writer's comments are helpful and that not all possible issues may be detected during a single test drive.

Regarding the suggestion to "place carpet mats in the doors" and other areas to deaden noise, a more practical solution would be to have the bottom of the vehicle undercoated. In snow climates, this is done to prevent rust however a nice side effect is that it quiets road noise. If you are in a snow area, car dealers can do this. If you are in an non-snow area, you can buy the material (POR-15 from various sources and E.R.F. from JC Whitney are example brands) and you can have a body shop steam clean your underbody and apply the coating. Your Pacifica will be quieter.

8th Jun 2007, 21:46

My 2005 Pacifica AWD Touring has 33,000 miles and is tight as a drum and very quiet on the road. If I ever hear a rattle, it is the coffee cup loose in the holder or something. This car is very high quality and excellent fit and finish for it's price. Buy one.

28th Jan 2011, 22:13

I have a 2005 Pacifica Touring with 86,000 miles and absolutely no squeaks or rattles... tight as a drum. I can't believe they quit making this vehicle. It is a budget Mercedes.