2005 Chrysler Town and Country Reviews - Page 3 of 4

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2004
Most recent distance52014 miles
Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

Wouldn't purchase another Chrysler

32533 replaced A/C condenser and shield

36144 replaced all tires due to poor wear

36144 sliding door motor breaks

36713 fuel pump breaks

51680 O2 sensor fails/shorts out, dealership did inspection and said CV boots, drive shafts, axles & u-joints pass/OK

52014 right side front axle breaks.

General Comments:

Like the features - stow and go, DVD, automatic doors, ability to fit 2 kids and 2 dogs, family mini-van.

Have serious concerns about quality due to number of major/extensive replacements and repairs done within a 2 year period. The vehicle has many miles as it is the sole family vehicle for running errands and to kids activities - it is still driven by a mom with kids. The driving conditions are: short trips, 5 long distance trips due to moving, very little idling, stop and go due to city driving, rarely drive on non-paved roads.

Review Date: 10th July, 2007

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited from North America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Previous carPontiac Trans Sport

Summary:

I should have bought it sooner!!!

Nothing. It's Been great!

General Comments:

I love my van from end to end. I love the stow n go seating and the DVD system. This is my first time having leather seats and its not bad with the heated seats. I find it very convenient that both my sliding doors and my rear liftgate are power. My last van was a 98 Pontiac Trans Sport and I thought it was great having my one power slider and then I found this van and it was so exciting for me. I loved the style of the T&C though. I was drawn to it by all of its features and it's sleek style. I never had any problems with my Trans Sport. Ever. Only oil changes and stuff like that. I got a new van because that one was getting old and it had been very good to me so I decided I would sell it to my mom and she loves it. I don't know what else to really say about this van except that I love it and its been nothing, but perfect to me. I have to say I think my last van was a bit better on gas, but I don't drive that much anyways. I look forward to enjoying this van for a long time and my sister recently just bought a T&C Touring and she's very happy with her van as well.

Review Date: 21st February, 2007

5th Sep 2008, 12:41

Glad you are content with your Town and Country. Ours had the remote earphones for the DVD. Cost $100 each and the earphones broke off the first week.

The "Stow and Go" seats are a pain. Unless they are set exactly right when they are stowed, they bind and are a real chore to get back out of the hole.

Brakes were a problem as was dealer service. I had replaced the front brake pads and inspected the rear pads. 5000 miles later my wife reported she had difficulty stopping the vehicle. The brake pedal was spongy. As I had to leave town on a business trip, I drove the T&C to the dealer we purchased it from.

When I went to pick it up, they stated that all it needed was a brake job. When I commented that the front pads had only 5000 miles on them, I was ignored. They simply replaced the pads on all 4 wheels--Bill--$480!

(for $40 worth of pads). They did note on the bill that they brake pedal was "spongy" and I might want to check the master cylinder.

Three days later, the brake pedal went to the floor. Thankfully, it was in our driveway. I installed a new master cylinder (the vehicles third unit) and we had brakes again. All this with less than 30,000 miles.

The vehicle is now scrap after an accident. Good riddance.