1996 Citroen AX 1.1 Carb from Malaysia
Darn well built!
1. Drive shaft (left & right)
3. Fuel gauge
4. Rear axle bearings
1. Superbly rapid! The model I'm having is the Malaysian built "Proton Tiara 1.1" with 1.1l 4 cylinder 60hp engine (Solex single-carb). Malaysians generally snide at the mere mention of any French makes but this little tyke sure kick some turbo ass! Outran a Sentra (Sunny B14) fitted with a SR20 turbo for a good 10m from red light! Haha...
2. It corners like it's on rails, baby! Never lose a corner run to even a modified car since I started driving this French supermini.
3. Feels rock steady at speed. At 140km/h (my top speed anyway..), the car is steadier than most Japanese makes, which are incidentally more expensive and "high-tech".
4. Citroen heritage is strong in this one. More comfortable seating positions (front seats) than most other contemporary cars.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 8th June, 2008