2005 Citroen C3 Reviews

2005 Citroen C3 Stop Start 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.6 Semi-Automatic
Previous carDaewoo Matiz

Summary:

Nice car, shame about the software

The engine management system (software) has failed 3 times in a year.

The first time it happened, a software reset was all that was required to fix it and the roadside engineer was able to do that.

The second time it happened, the engineer wasn't qualified to carry out a fix so the car was towed homes, and two days later was sent to the dealer, the software was rebooted again, and the car was 'fixed'.

The third time it happened, the roadside engineer didn't have a laptop and the car has had to be fixed as per the second occasion above.

General Comments:

The car is generally fantastic in every way with the exception of the system management fault.

The Stop start engine is very fuel efficient and the the car has returned over 30 mpg for driving in a large city. The car is equally good on longer journeys, with a swift turn of foot when required, and eats motorway miles with ease.

Review Date: 25th November, 2006

19th Feb 2008, 12:23

I'm lucky to say I've never had problems with my 2005 C3 1.6i 16v Exclusive Sensodrive. However my brother has with his 2006 C3 Exclusive Sensodrive

2005 Citroen C3 Desire 1.1 from UK and Ireland

Previous carPeugeot 405

Summary:

I feel I've bought a lemon

I took delivery of a Citroen C3 Desire on 2 Sept 2005. On 26 Sept 2005 the engine management system failed after having covered 263 miles. I had the car recovered to the dealer I purchased it from, he had the car for four days and couldn't find the defect. nevertheless he said he reset the management system and everything should now be OK. The following three month the car performed well, it was comfortable and pleasing to drive even on a long journey to Scotland over the Xmas holiday period. However on 6 Jan 2006 the engine management system failed again with a serious loss of power and an engine misfire, the car having done at this time 1570 miles since new. The car is now back with the dealer and am pursuing the claim for the ca to be replaced.

General Comments:

Comfortable car to drive.

Review Date: 10th January, 2006

11th Jan 2006, 14:44

I am a driving instructor teaching in the Citroen C3. I have also had tremendous trouble with the engine management system, as described by the other writer. I have returned the car on numerous occasions to try and sort this out. The problem still remains and the car is now 18 months old. I am unfortunately tied into a 2 year contract hire agreement.

2005 Citroen C3 Exclusive 1.6i 16v from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.6i 16v Semi-Automatic

Summary:

Brilliant Car I am very happy with my great choice

Some times my indicator stalk won't click in when the steering wheel is at a certain angle.

Needed a New Bumper skirt as it was catching on some roads and it came off.

General Comments:

I have owned the car for just over 8 months from brand new.

As I can't drive manual cars due to me not being able to use the peddls I picked the Sensodrive as it is the closest thing to a manual.

I have been very happy with the car. I had it in Rainforest Green which they no longer do by luck I had the last one.

The 1.6i 16v is very responsive. Its Brilliant for over taking. It is very good on Fuel.

The Gear Box can tend do take a while to engage a gear when pulling away at junctions.

There are some good equipment on the Exclusive which are Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Cruise Control, Anti Theft Alarm, Child Mirror, Picnic tables and Alloy Wheels.

Review Date: 7th January, 2006

7th Sep 2006, 16:08

Since my review the car is still going well. I did have to have a new handbreak lever and cable adjustment. Its really good on fuel now. I had 150 miles on a quarter of a tank. I have had 55mpg out of it at times.

So if you want an Auto which is good on fuel this is a must.

5th Jul 2007, 18:29

Just over 2 years later, and the car is still going well.

Fuel consumption is great; even on short runs now.

29th Aug 2010, 17:20

Hi - I'm just about to slate the Sensodrive in a review but would be interested to hear how you're finding it?

2005 Citroen C3 exclusive 1.6 hdi 16v from UK and Ireland

Model year2005
Engine and transmission 1.6 hdi 16v Manual
Previous carCitroen C3

Summary:

Not as specified

The car was advertised and confirmed by citroen as having disc brakes all round only to be supplied with drum rear brakes. Citroen's attitude was tough even though they confirmed the spec. They can alter it at will, without informing anyone.

Don't BUY a Citroen until you actually see the vehicle you want and CHECK THE SPEC>

Review Date: 23rd December, 2005