2001 Citroen Picasso LX 2.0 HDi from UK and Ireland

Summary:

This one has been so good that I have just ordered a new 1.6 HDi Exclusive 110BHP

Soon after one service, it developed a loud metallic noise at high speed, but this turned out to be the oil filler cap, which had been dropped into the engine compartment by the mechanic and not recovered. It was in the garage 3 times before the cause was discovered.

Other than this, absolutely nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

This has been the most reliable and cheap to run car I have ever had. I have had at least 15 cars, including several company cars.

Fuel economy is at its best with a light foot, and it's worth knowing that when your foot comes off the throttle, consumption is zero.

It is deceptively powerful with plenty of torque, though sometimes overtaking needs a bit of forward planning.

Review Date: 8th July, 2006

2001 Citroen Picasso 1.8 SX 1.8 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A very roomy and well fitted out car

So far all is well, except a rather noticeable creaking from somewhere in the front O/S drive shaft area when reversing, then moving forward, needs investigation under warranty.

General Comments:

A very roomy and comfortable, quiet car. We bought it to transport our family of 2 adults and 2 growing teenagers, and it seems to be everything we wanted, and more.

Comments were made elsewhere on this site about soft seats, rolling on cornering and a CD/ radio system that needs upgrading, but we have found nothing wrong in any of those areas.

Review Date: 21st April, 2004

13th Nov 2004, 11:33

Couldn't agree with you more re the room of the car for 4 adults and all luggage that you can throw at it. The main concerns are the lack of lumber supports on a lengthy journey, even my previous 1.2 punto had them!!!. Another problem I encountered was the r/n/s/ door could over ride the central locking, a fault that the dealer couldn't rectify. Apart from that agree with comments.

23rd Aug 2005, 10:25

I think the Picasso is an OK car. However since buying it in 2002, at 1 year old, I have had it in the garage over 15 times with the Engine Auto Diagnosis light coming on for no apparent reason. There is nothing wrong with the car, but I need this light turned off just in case there is a problem. The thing is that now it is out of warranty Citroen want me to pay to get the light turned off, when I think it is an absolute disgrace because they should have fixed it in the first place. So far I haven't paid a penny for this problem and I don't intend to. It is an on-going problem and it should have been fixed months ago.

2001 Citroen Picasso SX 2.0HDi from Cyprus

Summary:

An excellent design and idea let down by poor execution and manufacture

The front brake pads required replacement at 13500 miles.

The offside front suspension ball joint and arm required replacement at 13500 miles.

The immobilizer has an intermittent fault where the car refuses to start. This fault remains despite a dealer upgrade.

The dashboard has rattled from about 1000 miles.

The rear washer pipe disconnected from the washer nozzle inside the rear of the tailgate at around 10000 miles.

General Comments:

The car is exceptionally versatile.

It has a good level of trim and comfort.

The engine is very strong and well suited to the car's intended design and purpose.

Review Date: 20th March, 2003

2001 Citroen Picasso SX 1.8 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent value mpv

Nothing at all apart from handbrake switch sticking.

General Comments:

The cars driving position is great.

Plenty of room for all the family.

Tons of load space.

The engine is responsive and there always seems to be a little bit left.

Review Date: 1st August, 2002

2001 Citroen Picasso SX 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Good value and specifications

I have only had 3 problems.

The fuel gauge had to be re-calibrated on a number of occasions as it kept showing the wrong fuel reading, the dealer finally replaced the offending part.

The radio loudness button is continually on.

The radio player will sometimes stay on after the engine is turned off no matter what I do.

General Comments:

I have had a number of vehicles from various manufacturers as my family has grown and it was a toss up between the Picasso and the Zafira.

The Picasso won hands down.

The price is right, it has more internal space and comfort, very economical to run.

I have already travelled to Holland in it and look forward to our trip to Italy.

Review Date: 11th January, 2002

27th Jan 2002, 09:23

The radio can be programed to stay on after the car is switched off... read the manual.