1993 Daewoo Racer GTi 1.5 gasoline from Philippines

Summary:

A lemon car

The car is so slow and unreliable.

The trunk had to be opened with a key maybe because it doesn't have a trunk opener or maybe the trunk opener is broken.

Air-con doesn't work well often.

Brakes doesn't work well which my mommy scared but fortunately we were able to reach our destination fine.

Overheating problem in heavy traffic.

One time the window didn't close and worse it rained!

General Comments:

This car is not ours but we just borrowed this from my aunt several times before.

In my opinion the exterior looks good but when you see for yourself and start it up this car lacks performance and quality.

At least now it was sold and she had a Toyota Revo and now a Toyota Innova which are a lot more reliable.

Review Date: 15th May, 2008

1993 Daewoo Racer EFi 1.5 from Pakistan

Summary:

Excellent pet

Its prime problems are expensive/non-availability of spare parts, skilled mechanic non-availability, AC requiring continuous maintenance, jittery brakes, early worn-out D-Bushes, complex electrical layout needing expert electrician, dim headlights (CIELO), awkward reverse gear, non-repairable radiator (which gives way frequently due to extreme climate of Pakistan) and inferior music system.

General Comments:

I have Daewoo Racer 93 converted to a CIELO since May, 2004, and I am really pleased with this deal.

Ever since then I have been driving it all across the country during my attachments. CNG provision although taking some place of the trunk is indeed an added advantage in this car, and for those race lovers, you can still beat any of those latest petrol sedans on the road in Pakistan, even on CNG, provided you have 5-speed provision as I have.

As far as its plusses are concerned, it has an extremely comfortable drive, inspite of being manually-steered, easy and comfortable seating, excellent mush/momentum in neutral gear, quick speed build-up, less tire maintenance, superb road grip, aerodynamic beautiful front and rear (CIELO), handy ergonomics, ultra super fuel consumption and above all reliable companionship. If it is in perfect shape, it is indeed in the top list of my dream cars.

Review Date: 14th March, 2006

1993 Daewoo Racer GSI / TBi 1.5 from Pakistan

Summary:

A much much better option in its category

Dash Board vibration has increased over the period of time, which has resulted in noise when the car rides over the bumps.

Braking problem occurs, specially when braking down the hill. The brakes seems to lose the bite when they are hot (unlike carbon fiber brakes in F1 cars :) ).

VSS sensor went off when I washed the engine for the first time, and since then it has never caused a problem.

No other issues were faced and I am driving this car since Sep 1997.

General Comments:

This machine is aw-some when it comes to high speed handling, the lack or braking power is compromised by the good independent suspension and better overall balance of the car.

This car also has good engine braking capabilities, so when you pull off your foot from accelerator the car tends to slow down pretty dam quickely.

Engine is good, however the people often complained about the cam shaft noise after 150000km, but beside the complain there is no performance loss. The pickup is not too good (not bad either) however the acceleration over 100kph is good in 4 speed.

Take good care of this car, do all the running repairs and it will never give you a chance to complain.

PS > I am looking to buy another one for my house use so if someone is selling then do contact me at 03008561329.

Review Date: 10th June, 2005

1993 Daewoo Racer 1.5 from Pakistan

Summary:

Excellent car to own!

Brakes.

General Comments:

This car is very cheap when compared to other cars. It is very spacious, comfortable and reliable car. It's AC is very effective. Spare parts are now easily available in big cities.

Only problem is slow brakes.

Review Date: 5th June, 2005

16th Feb 2006, 04:20

I am from Pakistan currently I am using DAEWOO RACERS 199. I must sat Its very comfortable and a treat to ride.

Can I have he list of authorised Sale/ Service agents in Pakistan Specialy in Islamabad/ Rawalpindi, Please.

Thanks