Excellent learning car or weekend car, not a good daily driver though
- 3 Fuel Injectors went bad at 162,000.
- Clutch slave cylinder went at 164,000.
- Some wiring needed to be replaced at 164,000.
- Battery cables melted themselves due to poor factory mounting scheme twice. Used bungee cord to hold battery in place.
- Fusible link broke at 165,000, replacement was difficult to locate, Parts for this car are not made by the dealer anymore.
Great car if you have a cheap mechanic or are good at fixing things yourself. They are a blast to drive and are easy to work on. They tend to develop unusual problems that can be cheaply fixed, but are sometimes difficult to diagnose. The engines will last forever if properly maintained. Replacement parts for this car tend to be cheap.
Do not buy this car if you are not a do-it-yourself type of person. EXCELLENT weekend or project car though. Lack of power steering makes paralell parking a hassle.
These cars are quick off the line and have good passing power on the highway. They do OK on mileage (mine averages ~25 mpg on the highway). The 4 speed transmission has you turning pretty high RPM's on the highway.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th July, 2005