Best first car for $200 ever
Has had rust problems since I bought it in 2003. In Washington state the winters are very snowy and they put salt on the road as a De-Icer, this has not helped me make much progress fixing the rust.
The car's engine has never given me any major problems.
- An old hose (original from the factory in '79) blew in September of 2004.
- I replaced the air conditioning and alternator belts in the summer of 2004.
- I just took it in for it's first oil change a couple weeks ago. (Every 3,000 miles)
- It has been showing its age on the interior. The seats have been faded by the sun. Some of the plastic parts have been cracking.
- I do not know the reason, but the heater and aftermarket CD player I put in stopped working one day. I tried replacing the fuses, but it must be something in the electrical system.
The reason I am not sure about the car's mileage is because it only shows up to 47,000. Because of the car's age I am sure it must be over 200,000 though.
This car is very quick to accelerate and I have never had passing problems. I have never pushed the car faster than 85 mph, but it could go much faster.
It is a rear wheel drive car so this winter I slid around a bit even with studs on. (not that I did not want to slide around...)
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 6th January, 2005