1995 Dodge Neon Reviews - Page 16 of 37

1995 Dodge Neon 2 Door Highline 2.0 SOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 SOHC Manual
Most recent distance152000 miles
Previous carChevrolet S-10

Summary:

A $350 wonder

Head gasket has been shot since 70,000 miles. So much oil has leaked into the radiator fluid that the consistency of the fluid is now like cream cheese. As of the last time I checked the antifreeze is now leaking into the oil too. It has yet to be replaced and car still goes 125mph on the way to work in the morning. Which to anyone, who knows the cooling and oil necessities of any car, knows this thing should have blown up by now. I can't seem to kill it, no matter how hard I try.

The check engine light would decide when to come on when it wanted. When the light was on it seemed to run better, almost as if it had a turbo. I replaced O2 sensors to get the light to stay off, and the power that it acted like it had went away.

The car broke down on me once on my way home from work. It had overheated, due to a bad thermostat. I had to make a run to the local store and buy a new thermostat and then replace it in the parking lot where the car stopped.

The windows do leak air, just like all the other neons, the problem was cured by a very loud aftermarket stereo.

General Comments:

I only bought the car for $350, so even if it had lasted a couple months I would have been grateful.

No matter what I do to this car, or what I don't do, it still runs great.

I do not change the oil regularly, and it doesn't seem to matter.

My stereo system is probably worth more than the car as a whole.

I have many performance upgrades, and they still made a difference even with all it's motor problems.

The stock clutch is weak after performance upgrades, but still moves down the road quite well.

For some reason, the paint color on my car has no sign whatsoever that it will start to peel any time soon.

I like this car so much that I was recently thinking about putting over $7,000 into it just to make it last longer.

I am contemplating buying a new SRT-4 next year, and hope to have as much luck with that as I have with my 1995 Neon.

Review Date: 15th November, 2003

1995 Dodge Neon 2.0 liter from North America

First year of ownership1995
Engine and transmission 2.0 liter Don't Know
Most recent distance220000 kilometres
Previous carPontiac 6000

Summary:

A very good buy

My starter went out at 125,000.

Timing belt broke at 155,000. Which required a new head.

Paint is peeling off.

General Comments:

This car is a though runer, it runs like a champ.

For this car to have 220,000 miles on it it still run good!

Review Date: 21st October, 2003

8th Sep 2004, 11:03

Never have owned a Dodge, but am considering the Neon. There are a lot more smiles about it than frowns. Most of the frowns involve head gaskets and timing belts. I don't know what is up with the head gasket, but the timing belt on the Neon has a recommended service life of 105,000 miles. This happens to be a long time for that part. Just a note to all: pay attention to toe maintenance manual.

1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe 2.0 Double Overhead Cam from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 Double Overhead Cam Manual
Previous carOldsmobile 98

Summary:

Cheap in all senses of the word

This car is a piece of junk.

My head gasket had to be changed at 95000 miles.

Whilst driving on the I-95 the timing pulleys broke off causing the car to cut off and costing me almost $2000.

The paint job is horrible because I feel like a slave to the car, looking for where the paint starts to lift up.

My friends took it for a pressure wash and it came back like a zebra; half of the car was white and the other half had no paint.

General Comments:

The only good thing about this car is the number of miles you can get per gallon of gas.

Review Date: 20th October, 2003