Very disapointed, will not buy another
This truck is a base model quad cab 4x4 with the 5 speed auto tranny and the 4.7l v8. I loved the styling of the truck and it was in my price range.
1. Battery failed, dealer reimbursed me for the cost of an aftermarket replacement.
2. brakes now squeak all the time.
3. Transmission slow to shift into drive when vehicle is cold.
4. Vehicle does not warm up fast enough on a cold winters day, 25 minutes of idling and the interior is still too cold.
5. Clunking sound from front end if brakes lock up when coming to a stop at a slippery intersection.
Granted, I bought the truck used and I have no idea how the previous owner treated it, plus I have no record of any service having been done to it before I purchased it. Since buying it I have had all the regular service done.
I know I need the front brake pads replaced, probably due to all the city driving the previous owner did, but the tranny and heat issues are unacceptable.
The 4.7l is underpowered for a truck this size and weight and gets poor mileage. I would have bought the hemi if I could have afforded it at the time.
The 5 speed tranny is useless with the 4.7l. You really have to "put your foot into it" to make it shift down when merging into traffic, be careful though, put your foot into it 1/2 inch too much and the tranny drops 3 gears and all your doing is screaming the motor!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 2nd December, 2007