2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 5.7 hemi from North America

Well, not sure what to think. Bought this truck new in 2008, and was happy, but now I'm starting to have issues.

Front struts started leaking and were replaced at 30,000. Then recently, the check engine light came on, then went back out. Took it to the dealer, but they were unable to pinpoint the problem, so they said to bring it back if the light comes back on.

OK, so next the heater control malfunctions, and after doing some research, it seems like the cheesy factory doors in the heating plenum are prone to failure.... And in order to access/repair them, I have to take the whole dashboard apart!!!

Hopefully I won't have too many more issues, and I know that most cars have 'some' issues, but as of now, I'm undecided about this truck.

General Comments:

Good performance and comfortable, fun to drive, and lots of features for the money, but reliability may be an issue...

Review Date: 7th December, 2014

12th Mar 2016, 19:29

I have a Ram 1500. The heater also went out around 50,000 miles. I am presently involved in the most bizarre situation with the dealership. The "Check Engine" light went on and then went off. It came on two days later and stayed on. I had a local mechanic do a tune-up (98,000).

A week later the same thing happened. I was directed to the dealership because the "codes" could only be done by a dealer. I picked the truck up a week later and $900 poorer. I got down the road about 10 miles only to have the same light start flashing as I was passing someone! It nearly caused an accident! I took it back to the dealer. This was about three weeks ago. I have a loaner, but when I called to find out what was going on, I was told someone would call me that afternoon. No one called!? I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to fix my truck or send the title for the Caravan I've been driving.

13th Mar 2016, 10:54

I had a very small vacuum leak detected by smoking the system in a Dodge V8 Durango. That was what finally was found when my check engine light kept returning. Fortunately that was resolved so that I could pass inspection. Doesn't take much. Sometimes it's as simple as a new gas cap.