1989 Ferrari 328 GTS from North America - Comments

3rd Apr 2005, 01:33

I own my Ferrari 328 GTS 1988 since 4 years. Every spring it starts immediately. It rides well in particular on tight curvy roads.

I have a problem with oil leak and I need a tray on the floor. Cooling water is also leaking. Else I have no problem and I enjoy my car.

7th Jan 2006, 21:05

My 328 1988 with 32,000 miles is my second Ferrari.This car begs to be driven quickly on winding roads and sounds great. Though I have no dealer close by, I am fortunate to be able to do much of the service and repair effectively. Both my Ferrari's have been very reliable however both are over 15 years old so $$ are spent annually on maintenance and prevention. I budget/accrue $1200/year/car while driving each about 2400 miles/year.

5th Jun 2006, 17:40

Ferraris and any other performance car really hate being left in the garage (especially climate controlled, dried oil seals anyone?)... engine and gearbox seals amongst others need regular lubrification (aka they must be used). Bottom line is my 328 GTB has 124,000 Km runs like a sewing machine and doesn't leak a drop (well maybe one or two... but it doesn't need a bed pan). Why do so many folks buy a jewel of a sports car and then condemn it to death by not driving it??

If you're buying something exotic look for around 5,000 Km per year on the clock and a full service history, the pristine 328GTB which has 2000Km in the last 20 years will be an absolute nightmare.

24th Mar 2008, 20:45

Please help me.

I want to purchase a 328 and I want to DRIVE it. Mostly I want to be able to get in the beauty and go. I do not intend it to be a daily drive but darn close. I am in Dallas Texas so it does freeze but mostly it is a nice climate.

I am hoping I can find some other folks on here that can give me some advice and I can go from there. Please let me know your thoughts and if you have a good mechanic in the Dallas that will be able to work on mine when I get it.

PS-- I want to purchase one in the next year.

Thank you SO much for your input.

Je1495000@gmail.com is good way to reach me.

5th Jun 2010, 17:45

Hello, I just purchased a 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS and I love the car. I have one question; does anyone know how many 89 328's were produced in 1898 before they started production on the 348? Thanks.

3rd Sep 2011, 10:32

Is there a school I can go to to learn Ferrari maintenance as a perspective owner of a 328 or 348 or 355 as a daily driver?

I love working on cars, and am not intimidated by the thought of having to do some disassembly or engine removal on a periodic basis.

Any and all comments from "you're crazy" to "XYZ Training is a good place to start" is welcomed.

"From Dreams to Reality is only a matter of time"

5th Sep 2011, 07:02

I would recommend if you are looking at a 20 year Ferrari and are afraid of the high repair expense, to buy a used Corvette C5. They are bulletproof and fast. It outsells Ferrari in Europe. I like that I don't have major maintenance in 4000 miles. And I can drive anywhere with no issues. I recommend a 98 up LS.

Add another comment