1997 Ferrari F355 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Model year1997
Engine and transmission Manual
Distance when acquired32000 kilometres
Previous carHonda Prelude

Summary:

Wooooowwwww!!!

Absolutely nothing so far, but then I've only had her for 2 weeks.

General Comments:

AMAZING. The most incredible sound I've ever heard in my life. Insurance is a huge problem. If anyone can help me, please email me si99602@hotmail.com. I'm 23, nobody wants to insure me. But aside from that, it's the most incredible feeling driving this car. Mine is the spider with a TUI, and it sounds incredible. My favourite thing is pulling up next to done up Nissans and Toyotas. this baby is in a league of her own. GET ONE!!!

Review Date: 12th March, 2006

24th Jun 2006, 11:09

If you actually have a Ferrari it is doubtful that you even bother with kids driving Nissans, Toyotas etc. with the exception of a Supra. I encounter Civics, Neons, Pickups, Jeeps! gawking or wanting to race at least every 5 miles in a Viper. I suspect it is the same in a Ferrari. You try to ignore it after a while.

31st May 2009, 06:19

Be careful what you pull up to, lots of cars from the 00s are going to outclass you. Also, cruising around looking for cheaper cars to look down upon is seriously uncool. Do some track driving and prove your skills against comparable cars. If you don't have any, you're going to get beat by Golf GTIs and Miatas.

1997 Ferrari F355 GTB 3.5 from UK and Ireland

Previous carMitsubishi FTO

Summary:

The best £40K I've ever spent

Central Locking

Bizarre, in some areas of the country the central locking does not work. I warn you now, if you get out of the car and it doesn't work, quickly get back into it, move round the corner and then try again. Amazingly true fact, some areas of the country the radio signals in some areas are too strong and the standard F355 immobilser will not read the signal. You don't want to end up like me and get towed by a Golf 20 metres before the signal works (and I had a date aswell waiting for me back at my house!)

Oil Leaks...

Yes this has been a big problem for me, not sure exactly as the moment something happens I phone Joe Macari, but I think its to do with the gears... I'm having problems changing into any gear when the car is cold, it just doesn't want to go into gear unless forced for the first few 100 metres..

General Comments:

Performance wise its excellent, so fast, but I don't like driving at night or if the road is not dry - its just too dangerous in 1st or 2nd gear. Don't whatever you do floor it in first gear when your coming off a roundabout - I warn you!!!

Amazing, but this is my first Ferrari so I haven't got anything to compare it against! Alls I can say, if your young like me (25 when I got it)... get one! The amount of birds that wanna get into it still makes me laugh...!!

And you would be amazed how many old people love it, more so than young.

One thing I have to say tho it aint that comfy, but there is a lot of leg room. For long journeys its not the best and the sound system is about as good as my very first car (peugeot 205)... hehe... who cares tho when the engine sound is awesome.

And if you want to get warm, just floor it in any gear, the heat from the engine will come right over you!!! On summer days, you will have the air con on constantly it can get very hot!!!

Review Date: 2nd December, 2004

17th Mar 2006, 08:05

If this is a mid-engined rear wheel drive super-car, how on earth would the "hot air from the engine" go straight over you if you floor it? You sure you got a Ferrari?

17th Mar 2006, 11:58

I'd ask how a 25 year old is affording (and maintaining) an exotic Ferrari.

27th Jan 2008, 00:18

I am contemplating buying my first Ferrari F355 coupe, but I live in BC Canada. That means it'll be garaged most winter days. What precautions do I need to take to maintain it in good operating order? Any comments would be most appreciated.

Conscom.