1963 Ford Econoline V8 (not original) from North America

Summary:

Shagging, Wagon

Well, the original 6 cylinder had been ruined by the previous owner after it over heated and cracked the block. With that, I replaced the original 6 with a Shelby GT500 engine out of a totaled one. As you would expect, it moves, and rather quickly.

General Comments:

I've had this thing since 1970, I bought it for 600 bux from some old codger with a cane. He was really old and could no longer service the vehicle properly. This van was totally far out when I bought it. I replaced the engine, bunch of body work and more interior work than necessary. This van was a shaggin'waggin back in the day. The paint job is amazing. A nude surf chick in a tsunami.

Review Date: 12th September, 2003

10th Jan 2005, 13:17

I bought my '63 Ford Econoline as a used Pacific Telephone vehicle in 1974. It had over 120,000 miles on it when I bought it. I had the engine rebuilt, put another 200,000 miles on it, and it ran perfectly. Any work that needed to be done was easily done. The only time it stranded me was when a u-joint went out.

As far as the chicks, yeah, it was great. But I agree, once you hit about 30, you're no good anymore in that department. Better marry that babe when you're young. Over 40, and you can't find anyone at all. Course it doesn't matter, since you can't function at all once you hit 45 or so. All downhill from there.

14th Mar 2009, 10:23

Contrary to these comments, there is life after 40...

14th Mar 2009, 21:11

Well... I must truly be one of the lucky ones. I'm 40, met my wife at 38, and we still get it every morning before work. By this age, though, you definitely learn there is a lot more to a relationship than hittin' it. I always was young for my age, though, and have seen many guys who are 23 look like old men after being beaten down by life. But whatever...

These old "Mystery Machine" type vans are a lot of fun. I had a friend with a '64 Dodge Tradesman 100 van, similar to this '63 Ford, I think, with the engine compartment between the front seats. Fun little party vans!

By the way, the first comment referenced an "old cogger." Was the van purchased from an elderly dancing Irish gentleman?