2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4.6L from Philippines

Summary:

Awesome

I purchased a 00 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition and had it cleaned. When I was about to open the rear door, it doesn't work, but I tried to open the rear window and it does.

There are no other problems with the car. Actually it's a very nice car and spacious, especially for long trips. Any one else who had any problems like mine?

General Comments:

This car is very comfortable.

Review Date: 10th July, 2009

2000 Ford Expedition 4.7 from North America

Summary:

Reliable

Passenger side rear child safety lock engages on it's own.

Transmission shifting hard from 3rd to 4th gear.

Door ajar comes on, but mostly when glass or rear door is not closed properly.

Running board lights went out, and it's not a fuse.

Odometer light blinks off and on, and sometimes goes out for a day or so, and then comes back on. Otherwise I've gotten my monies worth, but would like to keep it. Does anyone knows the number to call for recall concerns?

Review Date: 8th April, 2008

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6 Triton from North America

Summary:

Definitely would've bought it again!

As seen posted on the board, I have also gone through coil packs, but once they were replaced, no problems.

Rust beginning on passenger rear doors at door seams.

General Comments:

This truck has been overall a great vehicle! The paint and interior have held up like new. That's huge with five kids!

Review Date: 23rd February, 2008

2000 Ford Expedition 5.4L from North America

Summary:

Comfy, thirsty, powerful

Electronic engine control unit. $700

Radiator leak

Brake rotors replaced

ENGINE FAILURE $6,000 to repair.

General Comments:

Large, comfy, quiet, great towing capacity, powerful engine, smooth automatic transmission. Good 4X4 system. Horrible mileage (11/16 mpg). I understand engine failures are fairly unusual for this vehicle... lucky me!

Review Date: 25th November, 2006

27th Jun 2007, 10:43

I see you are complaining about the gas mileage. Well I doubt you will get any sympathy from anyone. You chose to buy this truck and you should have been expecting horrible gas mileage. There is no shortage of information to tell you how bad it will be. If you wanted better gas mileage you should have gone for a smaller car. Guess only option you have now is to trade it in and buy something smaller.

2000 Ford Expedition 5.4L from North America

Summary:

Good, but can be VERY expensive..

Various electrical issues.

Overdrive switch.

Window switch.

ENGINE FAILURE, caused by head gasket leaking coolant into cylinder, causing 'hydro lock', breaking a piston and bending a rod, etc. Without any warning.

General Comments:

This vehicle actually drives pretty well for it's size and weight. It is quite and generally a fairly smooth ride (I did put premium shocks on it which seemed to help a lot.) Seats are fairly well shaped. Lots of interior storage.

But. A modern vehicle should not, in my opinion, experience engine failure at only about 80k miles. Perhaps it was only my bad luck, but it was $6,000 worth of bad luck!

Review Date: 24th August, 2006

2000 Ford Expedition xlt V8 from North America

I have a problem with the bottom part of the doors rusting.

General Comments:

I love the truck the spacious room and the ability to sit up high, but the rust is an eyesore.

Review Date: 22nd February, 2006

2000 Ford Expedition Expo 4.6 from North America

Summary:

Nice big car

Power window on passenger side broke around 40K miles. Cost about $300 at the dealer.

I had a problem with the car running rough. I went to Autozone, and they let me borrow the computer that hooks right up to the car, and it said cylinder 8 misfire. So I talked to a friend at Ford, and he said to take the coil off of cylinder 8 and switch it with the one on cylinder 1, and drive around a bit, and then go hook it back up to the computer again, to see if it said there is a problem with cylinder 1, and if not, you will have to change the spark plug in cylinder 8. If 1 is now the problem, it is the coil unit, which is about $100. Good luck.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2006

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4 from North America

Summary:

I love the truck

So far so good it looks to be a dependable vehicle.

General Comments:

Very nice interior. Lots of bells and whistles. Over all a very nice truck.

Review Date: 1st August, 2005