2000 Ford Expedition Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition from North America

Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carFord Aerostar

Summary:

Don't buy one

6 of my coils had gone bad.

One of my spark plugs was spat out.

Twice my sensor lights went on.

Just recently I had a cracked manifold, and two weeks later my heater core started smoking inside the car, then a week after that, my emergency brake didn't work. I'm not a happy person at this point.

I've noticed that Ford makes their cars out plastic. I'm done; looking to buy a Nissan Murano.

General Comments:

Thought I was buying a vehicle that would be safe for my family, and be roomy enough for others, and would last me a few years without any major problems, but I was wrong.

Review Date: 24th January, 2011

2000 Ford Expedition 4x4 from North America

Previous carFord Expedition

Summary:

WOW, keep it up Ford

I have a 4x4 Expedition 5.4L 154,000. I changed oil, engine trans and diff coolant, maintenance things, and tune up at 105,000.

The dealer replaced a cruise control harness (recall).

I just got a code for engine temp low, bad thermostat.

The truck is awesome; I tow, and I drive a lot of highway miles.

First problem with normal operation, only a failed A/C compressor at 95,000.

Still no major oil leaks, some seeping at transfer case. I will always buy Ford trucks. I think they make them the best and toughest.

Almost forgot; driver's leather seat has tear at the seam.

All hoses are still original.

That's pretty awesome, even Toyota is amazed. OK, the car line needs some help though.

General Comments:

I'd buy another if this one fails.

Review Date: 10th January, 2011

10th Jan 2011, 10:08

My cousin has the exact opposite opinion of his 2004 Expedition. He'd have gotten rid of it long ago if it had any value in it. Every time I see him, he complains about more things that have gone wrong or broken on that truck. He said he'll never buy another Ford, unless it is a Mustang of course.

I think these are just like any other vehicle, and require a certain amount of luck to have nothing go wrong with them. There are good ones and bad ones.

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4 Triton from North America

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 5.4 Triton Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Tahoe

Summary:

I love my new truck!

This is all very interesting to me. I recently bought a 2000 Eddie Bauer, and I must say that when I bought the truck, the air ride system was out and I spent 377.86 on rear coil springs for the truck to sit up right again.

The truck has been ran over with a fine tooth comb, and the only other detail that needs tending to, is the rear differential seal that's around 180.00, and that's parts and labor.

I have owned a GMC Yukon and also a Tahoe, both fully customized with everything but the kitchen sink, and neither ran as smooth as my Expo.

I plan on putting 26 inch rims on it with 6 TVs.

I do hear that getting the plugs changed on these vehicles is a real pain in the a** to do, and that the plugs have to be soaked for 2 hours before removing.

I only bought a Ford because I never owned one and simply wanted to try one out. I think out of all the SUVs that are of some size, the Expedition price wise is solid.

General Comments:

Currently at this time I have no issues, besides the ones mentioned above.

Review Date: 9th January, 2010

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L from North America

Year of manufacture1999
Engine and transmission 5.4L Automatic
Most recent distance132000 miles
Previous carFord Expedition

Summary:

Overall I still wouldn't trade it for anything

My truck was wonderful when I first got it. Then one day p0401 code popped up. I had a hard time figuring it out. I replaced the DPFE sensor; the ends had burned up and clogged the lines.

Since then I replaced the hoses to it, and the sensor twice for a total of three. I learned that even though the part is new, it is can be bad. I haven't had any more problems with that.

I also had a problem with coolant leak at the back of the motor. It took a while to find, but I found three places that you should:

1. Look under the intake behind the alternator. There's a tube that goes in the back of the water pump. It leaks there.

2. Follow the tube to the back of the motor. There's a hose at the end. Check it, it will leak.

3. If the first 2 spots are OK, then check the intake gasket by a hose on the tube. It's on the passenger side. I had to replace all of these, but finally we were good once again.

General Comments:

This truck isn't very good on gas, but it's roomy and very comfortable.

Review Date: 1st September, 2009