2006 Ford F150 XL 4.2 6 cylinder from North America

This is a good pick up

CD won't eject.

Odometer light works sometimes.

Replaced 1 O2 sensor.

General Comments:

I am very satisfied with the truck. Bought it new, I have never had to visit the dealer. Just basic maintenance done myself.

Brakes lasted 82k, no joke, fronts and rear. Just changed the pads, rotors are still good.

Still has the original battery.

Just oil/filter changes every 5k, air filter once in a while. Just did complete tuneup, including trans service/filter.

I got the 6 cylinder XL with tow package.

Decent sound from the stock stereo. Manual windows/locks. A/C works well

Fair fuel mileage, 17-18 average (6 cylinder) unless you tow.

The six banger is a good motor. But if you tow, you will for sure know it's back there. I've towed horses and hauled many a 800lb round bail of hay in it.

I looked at Toyota, but way too much money.

This one is the regular cab with the rear doors. Makes for a lot of room inside, and easy to get at your gear.

This truck still runs and drives like new. I expect it to last a long time.

Maybe I got lucky and bought one that was built on Wednesday.

Review Date: 16th April, 2012

2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 from North America

Great buy

Upper and lower ball joints, both sides replaced.

Both control arms replaced.

$0 spent - extended service warranty from Ford paid for it all.

General Comments:

Fantastic pickup, feels like luxury compared to other vehicles I've had.

I track my exact fuel mileage every fillup - it's about 13 in city and 15 on the highway.

Extended cab, 4wd, 5.4L and ladder rack and ladder keep the mpg's down, I'm sure.

- CD player sometimes does not eject a disc, but I just bang on the dash and it comes out

- Seats stain very easily, even from WATER.

I love this pickup. I got it for a great deal and got a good trade in on my other F150.

Seats are extremely comfortable once adjusted correctly - I probably average 100+ miles per day.

The bed is very deep, it can be tough to reach stuff over the side.

Great pickup, no serious problems.

Took it to the dealership, and they left a lot of dirt and crap on the door armrests and center armrest.

Review Date: 1st February, 2010

2006 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4 from North America

Not built for the long haul, Toyota here we come!

The transmission went out at 36,000 miles.

Starter went out at 40,000.

Window switch went out at 50,000.

General Comments:

From day one, the truck has gone through 3 quarts of oil every 5000 miles. After running no less than 10 oil consumption tests with the dealership, the factory and dealership said it was within factory specs to go through that much oil. There is no oil on the floor or smoke out the exhaust.

This is not a work truck, just light around town truck.

Their slogan is built Ford tough, but we will never purchase another Ford product again.

Review Date: 20th September, 2009

20th Sep 2009, 18:31

It will definitely be a wise decision in buying a Toyota for your next truck.

20th Sep 2009, 20:27

Where are those guys who claim Ford builds the best vehicles on the planet now?

26th Jul 2010, 18:13

Look at all of the other very POSITIVE F-150 reviews on this site. Just because one 150 is very poor, doesn't mean they ALL are. This is one of the few bad reviews on this site, actually. With as many cars as automakers are putting out, there are BOUND to be a few which aren't going to make it. It's important to realize just because one vehicle is very poor, that you should swear off of a certain maker.

It doesn't even mean you shouldn't turn around and buy the same model; depending upon the situation and circumstances.

15th Aug 2010, 18:03

I have a 2008 F150, XL 36000 miles.

Let's see, 30+ visits to several dealers, A/C went out, fuel injectors, plugs, rear end leaking, throttle body went out, windshield washer motor shorted out, seat cracked, arm rest had to be replaced.

I love the look of my truck and the size, just poor power train. Oh yeah, the crap factory tires were shot at 23k miles, and yes, I maintain my truck and rotate tires!

I have always babied this truck, but it's a bit ridiculous...