2000 Ford F250 Reviews

2000 Ford F250 XL 4.2 turbo from Australia and New Zealand

Engine and transmission 4.2 turbo Manual
Previous carToyota Landcruiser

Summary:

An overpriced heap of junk

From the point I got it the brake system has not been the best. There was only a half a pedal there.

The clutch cylinders were leaking after 10 000 km.

The bull bar and tow bar has been cheaply put together. I ended up fixing it myself.

After 20 000 km I had to replace the coolant system.

I just hasn't had the power I expected it to have.

General Comments:

After all that money I spent on it it hasn't re payed me anything.

I'd rather have my old Toyota.

Review Date: 12th August, 2003

4th Jul 2005, 22:07

I have owned a new f 250 for a year now and it is the best truck you could buy. it has heaps of power and tows like a dream. This person does not know what he is talking about.

24th Mar 2006, 22:42

I don't know how you could possibly expect a 4.2 litre diesel engine to feel "powerful" in a 2.5 tonne truck. The 7.3 and 6.0l PowerStroke diesels have a proven track record, almost double the power of the 4.2 and are considered to be very reliable. I have not owned one, but from all the owners I have spoken to with the high capacity diesel engines they are all very pleased with their trucks. I assume this is the case with the 900,000+ Americans who buy new F-series each year also.

21st Dec 2007, 22:34

I would like to hook up to your Toyota bumper and have a pull out with you. I would rip your Toyota in half, and the back end of your Toyota would circle the earth about three times, making you wonder what happened LOL.

You must have got one of the few lemons. Haven't had any problems with my 2000 Ford Powerstroke (7.3). As a matter of fact it's the best Ford truck I have ever owned!

I liked the older gas fords, but the newer diesel are nice too. About two times the power of the old 390's and the 460's.

27th Apr 2010, 02:28

I own a 2000 Ford F250, and I have had no problems with it at all. It has amazing power and is as tough as nails. It will pull any duramax I know of.

I have heard nothing but good about these trucks. I have always been a die hard Ford fan. I have heard many 7.3s reaching a million miles on them; let's see a Chevy diesel do that.

29th Jun 2013, 06:33

I own a 2001 Ford F250 with the 4.2 litre MWM motor. 321,000 km on the clock.

I drive 700 km a week, 30% bush work.

This is a excellent vehicle. Loaded with a 400 litre fire fighting unit, and work tools, it does the job.

This is my 16th 4WD, and it's basic, but it is the best truck I've owned. In fact I just tried a 2005 F250 with the 7.3, and I'd rather keep the 4.2. It's got a lot going for it...

If I could find another with less km, I'd buy it over anything else.

What a fantastic bush truck. But if you want to make a statement, get a Range Rover.

2000 Ford F250 Arizona 7.3 turbo diesel from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 7.3 turbo diesel Automatic
Previous carFord F150

Summary:

This is by far the best truck on the road. Highly recommend it over dodge and chevy

I have never had this truck in the shop. I have owned this truck for a year and a half and never had the slightest problem.

General Comments:

This is a truck that I would highly recommend to anyone who wants a truck for serious work or play.

The solid front axle allows for a more rugged suspension which allows for a cheaper long term maintenance cost.

The gas mileage is awesome. Living in Phoenix, AZ, I get 18.5mpg to 19.5mpg in rush-hour traffic. The worst gas mileage I have experienced (not towing) was 16.5mpg. The best overall gas mileage experienced was 23.3mpg. Typically I get 20.5 to 21.0 on the roads and through the mountains.

Diesel power is tremendous. Why drive a gas guzzler when you can have more torque and speed than a V10! The performance is very nice.

The only negative (if you can call this negative) thing, is the rougher ride than you would typically get in a independent suspension vehicle. I don't mind only because the vehicle is very solid and maintenance free.

Review Date: 27th February, 2002

27th Feb 2002, 13:30

Well I would hope it has no problems being 2yrs old and all. Oh yeah DODGE RULES!!!

27th Feb 2002, 18:50

Have you ever owned a Dodge or Chevy? Probably not. Nice informed opinion.

28th Feb 2002, 20:51

Yes I have owned one and I know that a Dodge is MUCH better.

3rd Mar 2002, 00:04

I own 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine and auto transmission, 30k miles and the transmission will not start in first gear, the only way to get it into first is to manually downshift. First dealer said that was normal, so I switched dealers, supposed to take it in next week. I am looking at the F250 now, owned Fords in the past with no problems. I am glad someone likes the Dodge, there is going to be a good one for sale soon...

2000 Ford F250 LXT 7.3 powerstroke diesel from North America

First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 7.3 powerstroke diesel Manual
Previous carChevrolet Silverado

Summary:

Looks are deceiving!!!

Replaced the transmission at 1,083 miles.

Broke front leaf springs at 9,528 miles.

Broke bell-housing at 11,327 miles.

Had the front hubs replaced twice.

General Comments:

Even though these trucks look nice, they are not for the working man. If you want a truck that will perform under work type situations, do not buy a Ford. Luckily my warranty covered all of these repairs. But it was a pain not having a truck to drive to work. After owning my '95 1/2 ton Chevy, I will stick to the bow tie for the rest of my life. One word of advice, do not buy a Ford.

Review Date: 9th July, 2001

30th Oct 2001, 11:21

Can't tow anything either, no traction.

2nd Jan 2003, 22:42

I own a 2001 F-250 and love it. It is a hard working truck that's never let me down. I tow a 40 foot camper and the V10 has never missed a beat, and I live in the mountains! I have no complaints about this truck. It does what I ask of it. I have no problems recommending the F-250 or the V10.The trick to getting the right truck is to buy a truck that is heavy enough to do what you need. One last thing to remember, nothing is invincible, if overloaded things tend to break. At 4700 pounds in the bed my F-250 handled like a dream with no problems. I have yet to overload this truck. I have driven all makes, I'll stay with Ford.