2011 Ford Fiesta Reviews - Page 2 of 3

First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 1.6 TDCI turbo diesel Manual
Previous carAudi A4

Summary:

Ford has nailed the small car market with this one

I believe the car should have a one touch system for raising the driver's window. If so, then that's broken, so will tackle the dealer when it comes to its first service.

Other than that, nothing to date.

General Comments:

The new Fiesta feels much bigger than it really is. I'm 6' 3" (and slightly over weight) and have no issues with space. We have used the car for a trip away (2 adults, a baby and all the stuff that goes with it). It was a little tight, but still comfortable.

The performance of the car is better than I expected. It's not quick by any means (0 - 60 in circa 12 seconds), but how quick do you need to get to 60? It cruises quietly and easily at speeds in excess of 70mph.

Economy is pretty damn good! Circa 55 mpg average until I'd covered 1000 miles, circa 65 mpg up to 1300 miles. 75.1 mpg recorded this morning on my combined commute (40 miles). It isn't difficult to achieve these figures, and you don't have to be at a crawl. Follow the shift light and... well don't race up to the car in front of you.

The kit level in the car is great. Voice control is a bit flash for me, but it works, and works well. The Sony stereo system is fantastic! My previous car was an Audi A4 with the Concert system - that is a tough act to follow, but the Fiesta is not too far from matching it.

The styling of the car is nice IMO. My car is in Panther black with the privacy rear windows (standard on Titanium). The only questionable feature is the alloys with their high profile (low friction) tyres (14")... don't' quite have the look of the larger alloys, but they serve their purpose.

Handling is great; firm, but not too bumpy. High speed cornering needs some thought due to the tyre size. Can be great fun to drive though, and is capable of putting a smile on your face if you like 'zipping' around.

Review Date: 7th November, 2011

7th Nov 2011, 10:30

Or Fords have the "one touch DOWN" switch for driver's power windows. I think they did not provide a "one touch UP", so no one's fingers get automatically pinched.

Are your gallons of the imperial variety?

2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback 1.6L gas from North America

Model year2011
Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 1.6L gas Automatic
Previous carToyota Scion XB

Summary:

Very fun to drive

The only issue I have had with my Fiesta is the Sync system freezing up. After I updated my software to get rid of the 'bug', I didn't have any other issues.

General Comments:

This is seriously a great car. It's very fun to drive. It does exactly what I want out of a car, and I really don't mind it being so small. I have fit four average sized adults in there with no problem. It's not something I would do everyday, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable.

I have heard a lot of talk about how the Fiesta is not a good car, and it does not handle or switch gears well. I have not had any issues with the way the car drives. I can only assume that it is the people that are driving the vehicle, and not the vehicle itself that has problems.

My car is not loud, in fact I can barely hear it once the radio is on and I'm on the highway.

I have also never had any problems with visibility. I am just an average sized female, so I'm not struggling to get in and out of the car.

Obviously I wouldn't buy this car if I was 6 foot 5.

I am not a fan of the sedan, I like the hatch much better. It is also the bright magenta, and it looks great in all lights.

I got a great deal on my car, and it is not overpriced in any way.

Review Date: 20th January, 2011

27th Feb 2011, 14:36

"I have not had any issues with the way the car drives. I can only assume that it is the people that are driving the vehicle, and not the vehicle itself that has problems."

I wouldn't assume it's the driver's fault. The Fiesta can have problems, just like any other car.