1992 Ford Laser GL 1.6 petrol from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Could be better

Well some dogs have their day, and some don't... but this car's life is one long happy day :)

I haven't seen any major faults with this car of mine. The only problem I ever had, was the drive belt needing tightening.

General Comments:

One reason for these lack of problems, other than the good design of a great standard petrol sipper of a car, is it had a new engine/new clutch about 70,000 k's ago.

This car is awesome.

Review Date: 1st May, 2006

1992 Ford Laser GL 1.6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Best car ever made

The fan won't work, but that is getting looked at, but other than that this is the best car I have owned.

General Comments:

Buy one the r a cheap buzz box!!! sooo many modifacations you can do to it!!! cheap as on fuel too!!!

Review Date: 11th August, 2005

22nd Oct 2007, 23:28

What mods can you do.

1992 Ford Laser GTX 1.8 DOHC turbo from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Fords version of the Mazda 323 GTX

Rear windscreen wiper does not work. CV joints need work. Thermostat jammed.

General Comments:

Great performance car that goes even better with a few easy modifications. Air filter and a large exhaust take the boost up to around 13-14 PSI. Any more than 15 PSI and it will cut out. Great handling car with All Wheel Drive. Tops out at 180 Kph as it is a Japanese import. Hard to Launch properly without blowing clutches and gearbox's.

Review Date: 24th December, 2002

17th Jul 2005, 09:28

Great read!

I currently drive a stock 86 KC Laser TX3, and wondering if someone knows where I can get the Mazda 4wd version??? Please let me know!!

Derick

derickmeiring@yahoo.com.au.

Cheers!

1992 Ford Laser GL 1.6 injected, petrol from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Nice to look at, and that's about all

Smell of petrol whenever the vehicle is started.

General Comments:

I have only owned this car for two weeks and I can't wait to sell it on. It's expensive to run and has poor performance being a 3sp Automatic.

Review Date: 24th May, 2002

27th Aug 2002, 19:59

Hi,

I have owned a 1992 Ford Laser, 5 speed manual hatchback for over three years now.

It has done about 220,000 kilometers and I have never had any problems with it.

31st Oct 2008, 13:10

Look to the right of your engine, you'll see a black filter thingy, dunno what it is, right at the back of it. You have to look hard, you'll see a black fuel line with 1 white stripe running down it for about 15cm, before coming to a 3 way pipe thing. Hook that back up, I'll guarantee that, I previously worked at Ford. It was a.. common though not so common, if you know what I'm saying.

1992 Ford Laser KE 1.6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A good sized first car

No major faults so far, it's performed really well. Only regular things like belts, and fluids.

General Comments:

It's pretty gutless, but it does the job of getting around!

I'm in the process of getting a nice sound system, just put it on lay by for $2300.

It's a little cramped, but a nice sized first car, oh it's a station wagon by the way!

Review Date: 10th June, 2001

21st Sep 2005, 22:10

Hi.

I also own a laser, 1992 hatch to be exact, OK it's my first car and I love it, but am now wanting to place a TX3 engine in the donk cause after a year I feel that the car needs a bit of a power upgrade.

If you have any suggestions about anything else I could do to my lovely little car your welcome to call me on

0404 549 664.

7th Jul 2009, 04:21

I have had mine up around the 250 kmph (stock) comfortably at about 3000 revs. Not sure if it's been tested in a wind tunnel, but it handles like a F18 Hornet, and stops on a penny. Engine temperature was very consistent, which was unexpected for such a powerhouse of the exotic racing sub class.

With more torque and European styling than Demir Dokic, I would recommend this wagon for anyone with a thirst for unbridled performance. Fat wallet required.