2008 Ford Mustang Base Pony Package 4.0 V6 from North America

Summary:

Sporty reliable fun

Artificial chrome around the speedometer bezel peeling (covered under Ford warranty).

Otherwise just maintenance.

General Comments:

During my ownership of the car, I noticed a lot of people making uncalled for comments because it's a base model automatic. A lot of people fail to understand a Mustang is a sport and a muscle car, not just muscle. The V6 version was fine for my first Mustang, and reliable and very economical.

The car came with a cold air intake with some extra trim (Pony Package), so it had a little more power than most, but of course it's not a GT and it's not supposed to be. Handling was excellent and comfort wasn't bad for a car like this. The only complaint I had about the car was cheap dollar store plastics for the interior trim.

I traded it in for a 2013 Mustang V6; that engine is more powerful. Another thing I loved about this Mustang, is like all Mustangs, the trade in value is pretty good.

Review Date: 24th March, 2015

2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS 4.6 V8 from North America

Summary:

Will definitely buy another one

Key/ignition comes out with the key when removing it.

General Comments:

The car is overall dependable, has a true muscle car feel to it, a real head turner. Sounds good and runs hard when need it to. Not the fastest car, but it sure does feel like you're moving.

Review Date: 12th May, 2011

2008 Ford Mustang GT/cs 4.6 from North America

Summary:

Bang for the buck, this is the best muscle car on the market

So far so good.

General Comments:

My wife gave me the downpayment for my birthday in June of 08. I lived five minutes from the Ford dealership, and I had my eye on a brand new Bullet. They wanted more than I wanted to spend, so I was about to leave when the salesman says try the cs.

Since day one, the car has been a blast to drive. The car has plenty of power, and handles pretty good for a bone stock street car.

I have owned other Mustangs, and I rate this one at the top.

Review Date: 16th January, 2011

2008 Ford Mustang Pony Edition 4.0 V6 from North America

Summary:

The V6 Pony Edition is a great car for the money

The only time it has been to the dealer was for a recall about the passenger's side air bag.

General Comments:

When I bought the car, it ran nice - But, now it is a beast - It has a cold air intake, headers, 2 inch dual exhaust with GT 500 mufflers,and a Volo Performance chip.

Car runs right at 15 flat in the 1/4 mile with about a 6 second 0-60 time - With the A/C on and the cruise set at 68-70 mph, it gets between 27.8 an 28.4 to the gallon - with the A/C off, I have logged 29.1 over the same 18 mile run - The 5 speed automatic with the factory 3.31 gears seems to be a perfect match - I love this car.

With the GT style suspension, it handles great.

Review Date: 16th January, 2011

17th Jan 2011, 09:32

..and to think, you could have just bought a Mustang GT, had better performance to begin with, with an unmolested look and for less cost. Instead you "chipped" a cheap pickup truck motor, voiding the warranty, and still have a car that the 2005 and newer GT and New V6 will walk away from, as your car's bark cannot justify its bite.

2008 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 from North America

Summary:

The best Mustang to date!!!

No problems to date. Dealer replaced rear pinion seal (leaking) under warranty.

General Comments:

This Mustang is a vast improvement over the previous model in handling and driving comfort.

Stereo is all the sound you really need.

Acceleration is very good, especially when on the highway when a down shift to 4th gear will bring you from 70 to 100 in seconds, with no end in sight.

Interior finish is nice when the "Interior Upgrade Package" was added along with the "California Special Package" having two tone leather seats. Want an all leather interior with more horsepower and more amenities, spend another 10 or 20 grand on a "luxury" vehicle!

The Ford Mustang GT Premium is the BEST in its class for the money. Period... Then came the 2011 5.0. WOW...

Review Date: 4th September, 2010