2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT Barrett-Jackson 4.6L 3V OHC V8 Engine from North America

Summary:

Poor craftsmanship and over rated

Racing stripes lifting up around hood scoop.

Chrome letters on back saying Shelby falling off the car.

Car makes a creaking sound when going slow over bumps.

Hood scoop has a big dent in it due to the first fix, not done right.

General Comments:

The car is highly overrated; it was in the shop for a month and still is not fixed. I have talked to Ford and they passed the buck to Shelby. Shelby tried fixing the problem after my Ford dealer tried to fix it twice and couldn't. Now Shelby is still trying to figure out a solution. This is a brief explanation of the 50000 dollar nightmare I am in.

This past year I became very ill and almost died; my wife told me that since I came through my ordeal alive, to buy my dream car. Well that dream turned into a nightmare. Ford did not stand by their product in my case. I will never buy a Ford product again.

Review Date: 21st May, 2008

7th Sep 2008, 16:31

Oh yeah? A Challenger RT? You mean the one that LISTS for 40k? And dealers sell for 60-90k? Yeah... and 50k for a GT500 isn't bad considering they used to sell at 60-80k. And honestly - take the car to a decal shop and have them redo the stripes, the lettering and all that. Mostly sounds like cosmetic problems to me.

And perhaps if you have a local mechanic - they might have some idea about the rear end.

And Mercedes has had plenty of problems with its S-Class sedan - and Toyota has had plenty with its trucks. All cars are built by imperfect human beings - and reflect that at points.

2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt 4.6L (281) SOHC from North America

Summary:

Overwhelming, Rapid, Worth every penny. Ohh, and NEVER LET YOUR KID(S) DRIVE IT!

Three problems, and not mechanical. Just cosmetic, the "aluminum" on the dash looks nice, but when tapped, it feels fake. Tires are expensive, and the Transmission is only a 5 speed.

General Comments:

This is the second best car I have ever owned, (2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (First best car) ). The performance is well over the $30,000 price tag. It feels like you're doing 50MPH when holding at 120. It doesn't handle the way I would LIKE, but then again, the car was not actually created for cornering. The seats are very comfortable, and support my back very well, and the sound system is ear piercing. Even though, if you owned a car like this and you listen to the radio, you should get a different car. The exhaust system is OVERWHELMING! When I was a kid and I went to go see 'Bullitt' I always dreamed of having a Mustang just like that. Now I have one. Tires are a once every two month thing. The rims are very smooth, the Woodland Green body is so astonishing. I understand for about 10 grand more I could have got a Shelby, but I have always wanted to become as close to Steve McQueen as possible. This has helped me accomplish that. Braking is great, Acceleration is very fast. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them accordingly.

Chassis #871.

Review Date: 4th February, 2008

17th Feb 2008, 23:33

When you take a sharp turn without braking (not recommended on regular roads) the axle makes a snapping noise. This is because whatever the left rear wheel does, the right rear wheel has to do. These cars were not meant to be abused with cornering. The weight distribution spread out over the car leads me to believe that this car was engineered to go in a straight line. I did not buy this car to turn. People tend to point this out a lot mainly because it is one of a very low count of things wrong with the car. To me, this fault is cosmetic. If this was my daily driver, maybe I'd complain about it. So, long story short. You really have to sit and wait for it to happen, in order to notice it.