1991 Geo Metro LSI Convertible from North America - Comments

14th Aug 2010, 14:34

I love my little Geo!! Recently my signal lights went out... I bought a new flasher unit, but now I can't figure out where the unit is. Looked under the dash.. under the hood... but can't see where it is... Can anyone help me out?? Thanks..

21st Aug 2010, 19:46

I have a 1992 Geo Metro Convertible and am in need of the rubber seals between the top of the windows and the soft top. I would appreciate any information where I can purchase these. My e-mail: johnschaefer@cableone.net

Thank you.

9th Jun 2011, 21:08

If your Geo is a 90 to 91 and is an automatic, you will never get 40 mpg, it simply won't happen, because the automatic has only 3 gears, unlike the straight drive with 5 forward gears that can sometimes get 46 to 50. If you want the mpg, you'll have to change over to a straight drive like I'm about to.

22nd Jan 2012, 17:59

The guy lied to you, or he never drove over 35mph. You'll never get 40 MPG with an automatic that only has 3 gears. Now with straight drive, 5 speed, you can get 46 to 52, depending on how you drive, and how many miles the engine has on it. I just put in a rebuilt engine and changed over from auto to 5 speed. As long as I don't drive over 55, I'm averaging 51 MPG. But it was a nightmare changing. It's easier just to buy a 5 speed, but when I bought mine, I didn't know the MPG was so bad with the auto.

4th Feb 2012, 07:00

Did you ever find the seals? If so, where?

26th Apr 2013, 09:48

The pull tab is to allow you to shift out of park when you have no battery power.

1st Jan 2014, 23:03

Hello sir. I have a Metro myself, and one thing that really boosted my MPG was an air filter and fuel treatments like cleaners, restorers, and octane supplements. Best of luck to you.

Add another comment