1994 GMC Sonoma 4.3 Vortec from North America

A good small truck that is very useful.

No problems really, I bought it with a blown engine and put another used engine in it with about 100,000 miles. After I worked a few bugs out from the engine swap, it runs great.

General Comments:

This truck has decent power, although it is geared fairly low for towing so it doesn't have a lot of speed.

It has held up very well for a small truck, I am very hard on it pulling heavy snowmobile trailers, loads of cement, and even towing cars on the highway with a dolly. This truck takes the abuse and loves it.

I love the interior and the overall look of the truck, it is very sharp.

Review Date: 1st December, 2002

1994 GMC Sonoma SLS 4.3 from North America

Good truck, good gas mileage

Had to do only minor repairs after purchase, as expected for any used car purchase. Bulbs for the fog lights were hard to find at a reasonable price, but found all I needed online.

Needed new seat adjustment handles. Paid ~$7.00 each.

General Comments:

Truck runs excellent. Gets 22 mph.

The truck does drive heavy. Slow take offs and hard to stop.

Review Date: 1st September, 2002

1994 GMC Sonoma 2.2 4 cylinder from North America

Reliable, but the interior suffers from poor quality

Lets see:

Water pump right after I got it, tires, muffler and tail pipe, hoses and belts, starter.

Oh yeah, the lever to adjust the seat back broke off and I went to a Chevy dealer (Hey, Sonoma, S-10, same thing), they said a new seat module would cost $450 so I said screw it and bought a $10 vice grip instead to adjust the seat.

General Comments:

Overall it is pretty reliable, but the interior is crap, the drivers side seat has a hole in it and as I mentioned, the seat module is shot.

On the passenger side door this plastic piece keeps falling off and the window crank keeps coming out.

The paint is still good but a little faded.

The engine is very sluggish, especially when you put the AC on.

As for being dependable, I give it a thumbs up.

Review Date: 7th August, 2001