2005 Holden Monaro cv8 5.7 V8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A great thrill to drive

Leaking power steering fluid. power steering pump hoses not tightened in factory.

General Comments:

Excellent performance and comfort.

Review Date: 2nd June, 2005

2002 Holden Monaro CV8 5.7 Gen III from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A gentle beast

Rattling Dash Cluster.

The tensioner pully was noisy, fixed, but still noisy.

Top radiator hose leaked and had to be replaced.

Gear knob replaced because it was loose.

The handbrake button stuck inside leaver.

Handbrake rattling when pulled up (I'm waiting 5 months for a part to arrive from Melbourne, I'm in Sydney)

Car had no electrical power at all, twice.

Top radiator hose got sucked in, had to be replaced...again.

And the list goes on, I think you get the point.

General Comments:

This car had so many problems, but Holden fixed nearly all of them and I still love the Monaro. When it first came out, it got more looks then Ferrari's.

For a sports car, the comfort is excellent, so is the price. I don't think you can get a more luxurious sports car for under $140000.

Handling is brilliant, but a bit wobbly when changing directions suddenly.

Safety, well nothing much to say about that, it just got 4 stars a few weeks ago.

I heard that the quality got much better in series 2 and 3.

I probably will end up getting the VE based Monaro in 2006, but 'series 2'.

Review Date: 28th May, 2004

9th Dec 2004, 00:16

I've had a series 1 Monaro CV8 for 2 years, and would agree that although there were more things to be fixed than initially expected, the looks, handling, and comments I got made up for the negatives. I recently drove from Adelaide to Darwin, and drove at speeds of up to 220 in the NT, the handling was SUPERB, cruising at 160 to 180 felt like normal highway speeds. No problems were had at all on the trip. The only really annoying think is the amount of water that runs into the boot after heavy rain, when you open the bootlid. Can anyone advise on what to do?

2003 Holden Monaro CV8 Series II 5.7 litre V8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Poser, powerful, great styling

Recall for faulty fuel gauge.

Door trim came off.

Window seals had to be replaced. After driving it two days, after I got it in heavy rain and water started pouring in through the A/C vents.

Recall for faulty seat wiring for the electric front seats.

Just after this, the entire system packed up, with the seat all the way forward and elevated. The car had to be taken on a truck as no-one could drive it.

General Comments:

Great interior, although the finish is at times questionable.

The seats are terrific, both front and rear. The rear bucket seats are great.

Handles brilliantly, although the rear wheels squeak very easily.

V8 is brilliant, much better low down torque than previous my VTII Calais Gen III.

Great pose value, and great paint work (purple haze) with matching leather!

Review Date: 12th February, 2004

15th Mar 2007, 20:53

I love this car!!!

Pls keep on making more of em'

23rd Dec 2007, 01:53

Anybody out there had problems with gear shift stick and gearbox with 2002 model Holden Monaro CV8? Our Monaro has done only 40,000km and has been really well looked after - not abused in any way. We are now told it needs a new gear box and are in a state of shock. Would appreciate hearing if anyone else had problems such as this and how they dealt with it. Needless to say out of warranty, but we honestly believe this is not good enough for a car of this specification.