2004 Holden Rodeo LX 3.5 V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Love it, most practical car I have ever owned

No problems whatsoever with this vehicle.

I am actually quite impressed with its performance, both towing and acceleration.

Quiet to drive, comfortable and a real mans workhorse when needed.

Very practical car indeed.

Uses a bit of fuel when pushed hard, but normal driving produces about 12L/100km.

Overall very happy indeed.

General Comments:

I use the car to get to work and back, and also for duties on the weekend when I need to load things.

Review Date: 21st May, 2007

27th Apr 2013, 03:49

I use 30L at 120km in distance. Is there a way to get more km for less or the same fuel from a Holden 2004 ute?

21st Apr 2015, 01:19

Try this:

The fuel economy of my 2004 Holden Rodeo V6 has been around 16-20 L/100 km. I reckon that is atrocious, but Holden people told me it was normal, that they were thirsty. In frustration I had my mechanic mate put his diagnostic scanner on it, and lo and behold, it showed dodgy oxygen sensors. After installing new sensors, it is a new vehicle, running smoother, and using between 10-14 L/100 km. I bet there are a lot of vehicles out there with the same problem?

20th Jul 2015, 02:18

How much did that cost you?

2004 Holden Rodeo LT 4x4 Crew Cab 3.0 turbo diesel from Australia and New Zealand

Looks good, goes great

The 'ride height' of the car needed adjusting at about 17,000kms. I noticed that the inside front tires were wearing excessively so I took it up to the dealer. Fixed under warranty and no further problems.

General Comments:

Fuel economy of the turbo diesel is better than I expected. I do mostly highway driving and get 9.7 liters per 100km.

Performance and pulling power of the diesel is great. I have towed my EF Ford on a car trailer and had no problems.

Comfort and handling are great. Very nice driving off road as well.

Review Date: 16th March, 2005

2004 Holden Rodeo LT 3.5 V6 petrol from Australia and New Zealand

A genuine blokes truck with plenty of bite

Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with this vehicle.

General Comments:

The LT 2004 auto petrol rodeo is bar none the most impressive vehicle in this class I've ever owned or driven.

It's fast, reliable and responsive.

I'm a semi pro bodybuilder thus I require a lot of shoulder and leg room in my vehicles, the rodeo fits the bill nicely.

Review Date: 7th September, 2004

30th Dec 2010, 04:56

Hi, bought myself an LT 04 Rodeo Crew Cab 3.5 lt, great looking car and drives great, really happy with it.

Brian from Numurkah Vic.

1st Oct 2015, 03:45

How many ltrs per 100 klm do you find you get? I have heard they are very thirsty; does it cost a lot to fill, and just generally in fuel consumption, how do you find it?

Cheers! :)