2000 Holden Statesman WH 3.8 Supercharged from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

The best car I have ever owned

This vehicle needed a new thermostat and water hoses not long after I bought it.

Not long after this, the ABS module started to display a fault. This has since been replaced.

I have had no more faults with this vehicle since.

General Comments:

This vehicle is very comfortable and is a pleasure to drive.

The options this car came with are all still in great working order.

I cannot fault the way this vehicle was manufactured.

Review Date: 30th December, 2011

4th Jan 2013, 16:37

No, I would never ever buy another Holden. I have a WH Holden Statesman Supercharged 1999. I have nothing but problem after problem.

Right now I have a problem trying to get the power steering pump hose to fit the car.

2000 Holden Statesman 5.7 V8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Best car ever made on the PLANET

Power steering small leak.

General Comments:

The best car I have ever had, and I have had lots, being a car dealer, so I cannot understand why people buy BMW and Merc stuff, which are far inferior. Anyway, they may wake up one day.

Review Date: 25th November, 2011

26th Nov 2011, 16:45

They buy BMWs & Mercs for the badge cred, and the engineering that goes into the cars themselves; both things are sorely lacking on Holdens. Most won't be switching to Holden anytime soon.

2nd Feb 2013, 20:29

Yes, in a way, until the BMWs and Mercs get a few k/s on them, then the spending starts; some of the problems like BMW's Vanos timing and chain guides can be a nightmare.

23rd Feb 2013, 16:21

2000 WH Statesman International 5.7 gen III. We own number 40 of 250 ever made of this model. It's a pleasure to drive, and it's as smooth as, but give it the whip and it will smoke round corners sideways. You can see most cars disappear behind you. Very collectable. SS models are a dime a dozen. N.Z.

2000 Holden Statesman WH 5.7 V8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A lemon

Differential failed at 60000kms.

Water pump failed and replaced at 65000kms.

Power steering failed twice.

Rattles in engine area have never been fixed.

Failing lights keep failing.

Transmission and oil warning lights activating since 45000kms and continuing.

Paintwork too thin and soft and beyond recovery.

None of above fixed under warranty.

General Comments:

Vehicle is a delight to drive and would be the best vehicle I have had if I could keep it on the road.

I cannot think of a comfort my statesman doesn't have. GPS, leather, sunroof 18inch state of art wheels, 255kw etc.

Service has been calculated to delay warranty work until out of warranty and no support thereafter.

I have had consecutive statesmans, with the former being a Greg Norman Special (great vehicle - no problems), but never again.

Review Date: 28th October, 2006

6th May 2010, 23:27

I agree totally, I have also had consecutive Statesmans, but never again; the WH did it for me when the guts of the catalytic converter came loose and started banging around in the shell; that broke the camel's back. I can't see me getting the wife out of a Benz now.

2000 Holden Statesman WH 3.6 V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

The statesman is an excellent vehicle

Absalutley nothing.

General Comments:

The car is in excellent condition and is always serviced on the dot.

It is very comftorable, reliable and always looks presentable.

Review Date: 16th April, 2005

2000 Holden Statesman WH 3.8 supercharged from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

The most comfort Aussies can buy

Faultless vehicle.

General Comments:

Fast and comfortable, very quiet and loads of room. Can't get much better than this, other than with a V8.

Compared with the S model, handles just as well though the extra weight is noticeable under braking.

Used fuel at rapid rate (expensive fuel, at that). Small price to pay for the performance, though.

Review Date: 18th May, 2001

25th Aug 2001, 04:22

Spot on with this review of the WH Statesman. I have had the V8 version for a year now and absolutely love it. I had a Fairmont Ghia before that. Due to exchange in the next 4 months and cannot think of a better car - definitely a Statesman for me.

28th Feb 2002, 01:16

Good report, I agree with all that was said. I have owned a V8 WH for 6 months, it's a bit thirsty around town depending on how hard it's driven, but better than two my previous cars - a VS 5 litre Statesman and a VN 5 litre Berlina, both were trouble free cars, but the new one is a lot smoother and quieter.

Good job done

Mr. G.M.H.

28th Oct 2003, 16:28

After Driving a 1994 Mazda 929 for 6 Years, I have just bought my First 2002 WHII Statesman International. The car is a work of art. Drives smooth, beautifully refined and engineered. A luxury car, the leather interior, sunroof and a powerful GenIII V8 make driving a pleasure.

11th Aug 2008, 07:07

I have a WH Statesman V6 supercharged. Everything is great but I'm finding that there is water leaking into the front and back floor spaces.

I'm unable to find the leak. Any suggestions?

6th Jul 2013, 02:52

I have the same problem. Water predominantly coming from under the dash and steering wheel. Could it be coming from air vents?