Designed with 10 year lifespan, and then everything breaks at once
When I first bought this car, it was near perfect. And it stayed that way for almost five years. Unfortunately in the last 6 months it has turned into a lemon. What has gone wrong?
1. Water pump that was only 45000k old fell apart and leaked coolant everywhere.
2. Timing belt that was only 45000k old, required replacement, along with idler and tensioner.
3. 'Octopus' coolant hose blew. This is stupidly designed by some idiotic engineer because it connects to about 8 different parts of the engine (hence the name), and is consequently very expensive to both buy and replace.
4. Head gasket blew (didn't realise the engine was overheating due to a problem with the temperature sensor).
5. Needed to replace crankshaft sensor, cam angle sensor, oxygen sensor, and coil pack.
6. Front bumper started falling off.
7. Passenger side sun visor fell off.
To add to all the above, the car is also notorious for early replacement of brake pads (30-40,000km max).
Do not buy a Vectra. These cars are terrible! It might look good, and is quite comfortable and luxurious with heated leather seats, but really, isn't the main purpose of a car to get you from A to B? Which this car has failed to do on numerous occasions.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 24th March, 2011