1999 Holden Vectra JS CD from Australia and New Zealand - Comments

25th Jun 2011, 00:32

Sensible referred to the price and running cost of the car. It's pretty old now, but I've had a good run. For what it is... a lil 4cyl 2.2, it has good pick-up, total control in all conditions, you can throw it around a corner with ease. All premium features - the interior is near new except for the leather boot on the handbrake, so it's stood up to the test of time.

FYI - I have just bought a new car. It was time to let go.

24th Oct 2011, 18:47

If you go to the BELOW mentioned website, you can fix the problem of the electrics shutting down intermittently or without warning without spending any more money. Just use the simple idea of shorting out the correct points with a paper clip after restarting the motor. Then stop and restart the motor, and you should be OK. If the problem happens to occur again, repeat the process. After a couple of hundred kilometers/miles, it most likely won't occur.

If the link is dead, paste it in to your Explorer bar and do a search.

Good luck.

13th Jul 2012, 04:17

Hello.

Well 2 years ago I bought a Holden Vectra GL 1999 station wagon. At the time I thought "well it's a Holden, so it has got to be a good car". Turns out I was SO very wrong!!! So many problems...

First it was the speedo, next it was the air conditioning, and then after that, everything seemed to start crapping out on it! From oil leaks, water leaks, the car stalling constantly while driving, electrical features not working, boot doesn't open, the KM's wasn't working... I could go on for hours!

After spending nearly $2000 on this car, I have given up all hope as of today, as the car seems to be on its last legs!

I would not recommend this car to anyone; it is a death trap with all the problems it has!

29th Nov 2012, 18:14

Hi, I had similar problems with the engine running rough, lack of power, engine light on and misfiring. Error code was P0115 ECT sensor, and when we had a close look at it, it was loose and making a poor connection. If it is not the ECT sensor, I believe you may have an issue with PCM (Powertrain Control Module) that reads the ECT sensor.

Add another comment