20th Mar 2017, 20:17

Still rollin' with 110,000 miles. No other problems since the A/C problem. Third set of tires are Michelins. They are much quieter than the Yokohama or Kumhos. Wish I had dropped they money for the tires sooner, made a big difference in the road noise.

4th Dec 2017, 13:59

Still rocking it out at 120,000 miles. We have not been easy on this car and it is driven much. It has not lost its zing, but as our children grow larger, the car gets smaller. I am always amazed by what will fit in this car; much larger on the inside than it looks from the outside. A new battery and many miles are the only change since the last post.

4th Dec 2017, 20:08

Thanks for the updates - you do very high mileage in a year, and that's one good test for a car. I hope they did sort out your air conditioning finally.

Re: your tyres comments earlier - you would be right, I had Yokohamas on a used Audi 80 years ago and they were quite noisy, improved dramatically when I replaced them with Dunlops. I've also had Michelins - very quiet, good overall tyres.

I assume your car would have CVT - how often do you need to get the gearbox serviced?

14th Dec 2017, 15:33

Automatic transmission five speed. Serviced transmission at 100000 miles. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel are useful when you want to wind up the RPM and make the four cylinder scream. It will only do so much being a small four cylinder without upgrades, but it is still fun on a curvy back road. It shifts on time every time, and a transmission shop would probably go broke if they only worked on Honda transmissions.

I would recommend a Fit to anyone that can appreciate compact, economy, durability, and fun.

The only drawback to this car is noticeable when the rear area of the car is stacked to the roof with belongings, causing it to handle a little differently.

11th Jun 2018, 16:11

Our Honda Fit is now the backup car and gets a well deserved break most of the time. Sitting on 124000 miles now. Always ready to roll, would still drive it any distance any time. I would still recommend a Honda Fit and would bet the new ones are just as reliable.

11th Jun 2018, 21:30

Recently saw a 2013 Honda Fit for sale at my local high desert Carmax dealership. Since gas prices have been going up in California in the last several months, I was keeping an eye out for a economy type car. Gas prices in southern California are going between $3.50 to 3.80 right now. A lot of it just crazy California taxes on it. The Honda Fit looked very clean... Carmax doesn't have a free Carfax report on their website, so I couldn't see that. The Honda Fit sold in 2 days before I could even take a look at it. The Honda Fit is one of the hottest cars here in southern California. Especially the ones that were built before they moved the plant to Mexico. The Mexico plant has not built that car right yet for Honda... but they are getting better.