2004 Honda Jazz Reviews

2004 Honda Jazz LS 1.4 petrol from Croatia

Model year2004
Engine and transmission 1.4 petrol Manual
Previous carVolkswagen Polo

Summary:

The best little car you can buy if you're looking for reliable car

Nothing went wrong so far. It works perfectly.

General Comments:

Small but practical and spacious car. Very smooth driving at low and medium speeds. On highways at higher speeds it's a little bit noisy and it feels like jumping a little.

Unstable on turns at higher speed (slides sidelong) and it feels like front wheels touching the ground only with edges - this is the reason why edges of the tyre are wearing faster (although the geometry is OK).

It has problem with misting windows, but turning on the air-conditioning solves the problem.

Drivers seat cannot be moved backward enough for tall driver.

If you're only looking for a reliable little car that will serve you perfectly, buy it. Comparing it with the VW Polo, the Jazz is of higher quality, but the Polo is much more stable on the road if you drive aggressively.

Review Date: 5th March, 2010

1st Jun 2010, 16:47

After having replaced Yokohama tyres with Bridgestone B250, the car's stability in turns has been drastically improved.

2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 D-SI from Morocco

Model year2004
Engine and transmission 1.4 D-SI Manual
Previous carRenault Scenic

Summary:

Overall excellent but underrated car

General Comments:

We bought this Jazz in 2008 from my sister-in-law, who bought it new. We drove it regularly since new.

Nothing has really gone wrong. Brought it to the dealer to clean the fuel tank and line, petrol stations in Morocco can be a bit dodgy...

Consumption has gone up recently, hard to go under 9,5 l/100km in city driving, despite being serviced on a regular basis at Honda's.

We used to read 7,5l/100km before.

Original parts can be very expensive but fortunately, this is a trouble-free car which is a change from our previous Renault Scenic!

Review Date: 11th August, 2008

2004 Honda Jazz Comfort 1.4 I-DSI from Turkey

Model year2005
Engine and transmission 1.4 I-DSI Manual
Most recent distance32000 kilometres
Previous carOpel Astra

Summary:

The Perfect All Rounder

Nothing. It's still as good as its first day.

General Comments:

As a test driver, I've had the chance to try hundreds of cars in many years. I believe that the paradigm-shifter Jazz is every carmaker's dream. That's why we see more and more new cars like Jazz every year.

Build quality is better than most of the luxury cars.

No squeaks or rattles.

Has an incredibly large cargo area.

The Magic Seats are indeed magic. It's the most useful seat folding system ever, and easiest to use too.

I-DSI engine is the most stunning feature of the vehicle: 3,8 to 4,2 liters / 100 km at 90 km / h.

Review Date: 20th August, 2006

2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 iDSI from Singapore

Model year2005
Engine and transmission 1.4 iDSI Automatic
Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

A good looking average car

No problem yet.

General Comments:

Rear seats can be fold in several ways to create a very good space.

Cabin is spacious.

Very good leg room for rear seats.

Poor leg room for taller driver. The pedals are not located "deep" enough. after driving long distance, I feel strained in my thigh.

A pillar is thick and may obstruct view.

Rear head rests obstruct mirror view.

Poor ride comfort. Suspension is too stiff. Ride comfort is much poorer compared to Corolla/Sunny which are popular here. Some would say the firm suspension is tuned for better handling, I would say this is pointless, the low power/torque figure of this car doesn't demand performance-oriented suspension.

When driving on expressway, we can feel a lot of little bumps. We never feel this in other cars. (Note: the road condition is very good in Singapore).

Odd electrical powered steering. In general it is OK, except at low speed. When driving around at low speed in car park, the steering wheel doesn't straighten back after making a turn, I have to manually turn it back to straight. Very odd experience.

Need to adapt to CVT gear box. At low speed there is more engine braking than conventional auto gearbox.

Poor equipment list by local distributor here. No central console, no cassette player, no mud guard, etc., very basic equipment.

The inner side of doors are covered with cloth material, very strange design. It get soaked once I open door in a rain. A bad design indeed.

The dashboard meters here are in white background and orange color digits, hard to read during evening time, when the sky is not totally dark yet.

Amazingly good fuel consumption on paper, 24L/km at 10-15 mode. In real life it is only marginally better than other cars. Mine is 13.5km/L (urban), while my Corolla 1.5AT is 12km/L (urban).

Review Date: 26th March, 2005

3rd Apr 2005, 07:16

Hello there.

I am from Singapore too and am considering purchasing a Honda Jazz. I am attracted to the Jazz because of its supposedly great fuel efficiency. But.. well.. after reading your review.. I am having second doubts. Sigh. Which dealer did you purchase your Jazz from?

4th Apr 2005, 02:04

Hi, Jazz does has great fuel efficiency, especially under 10-15 mode, it can achieve 24km/l. However, in real life, I drive only in city (very little expressway), Jazz is only marginally more fuel efficient than other cars. If you are like me driving mostly in city, you shouldn't take fuel effieciency into consideration.

If you drive more on highway, Jazz is much more fuel efficient than other car.

I bought from Kah Motor. Everything is good so far. Ask for more freebies like window film, door visors, reverse sensors, etc. If the SE doesn't give you this, change to another SE, or visit another KM showroom.

You should test drive (even a few times) before making decision. The driver leg room is bad, if you are tall, it is not good for you.

Get your friend or family to sit at the back when you test drive, see if the firm ride is acceptable to you. Do drive over some humps to test it also. To me, I call it POOR ride. POOR compared to other cars like Sunny, Corolla and Lancer (I drive these cars also). KM give free 15 inch sport rim and tyre, I suspect it make the ride worse, maybe 14 inch tyre is better, I guess, but I haven't tried it out.

Another annoyance to me is that the stock audio doesn't come with cassette and MP3. I used to connect a cassette adapter to my MP3 player, now I can't do that.

Other than this, Jazz is a great car. I am 65% happy owner.

If you really want to buy, I would say now is a good time, it is at all time low S$67,000. However, it is still more expensive than Altis, Vios, Colt, Sunny.

Do note that insurance for Honda is more expensive than Nissan and Toyota.

Take your time and try more cars. Remember to test drive Altis also. Overall it is a better valued car. Some people may say Altis has problem lah, electric window fail lah, we can ignore this. Jazz/Fit had worst problems before also, like: (hope mine won't have this)

- EGR valve fail